The Life Reef Skimmer Club

Call Jeff of Lifereef. He’ll get you the replacement parts you need be it the standard spa injector the upgraded Mazzei, which he doesn’t recommend for the 24 incher.

I’ve never gone with the outside air thing as I prefer the self cleaning feature of the recirculating venturi. However, if you‘re connecting the tube to outside air, make sure you’re increasing the diameter of the tubing as it gets farther away from the skimmer. If you don’t the skimmer‘s air pull with be affected by back pressure which may be why you’re having a tough time adjusting it with the venturi line connected to outside air.

Call Jeff of Lifereef. He’ll get you the replacement parts you need be it the standard spa injector the upgraded Mazzei, which he doesn’t recommend for the 24 incher.

I’ve never gone with the outside air thing as I prefer the self cleaning feature of the recirculating venturi. However, if you‘re connecting the tube to outside air, make sure you’re increasing the diameter of the tubing as it gets farther away from the skimmer. If you don’t the skimmer‘s air pull with be affected by back pressure which may be why you’re having a tough time adjusting it with the venturi line connected to outside air.
Actually I did go with the larger tubing. I started with the airline on the mozzie and took that to the hardware store. And connected a couple tubing together and went to the outside with 10 feet 1 1/4 in o.d 1 inch i.d. so that's not the issue. Maybe a little to large of tubing? But I don't think that would be the issue. I am working with Jeff on everything. I know he recommends using an air pump but I went with out it. I'm getting the results I want for pH to top out between 8 to 8.1.

Getting out of the hobby and have a SVS2-24 with a MagDrive 9.5 pump. Used it for 3 years.
Private message me if you know anyone interested in it. Local pickup in San Jose CA 95136. Not sure on a price yet. Thanks

If you want to use outside air with a Lifereef plumb the hole in the lid to the outside and leave the venturi connected to the cup port. New air needed by the skimmer comes in the hole in the lid.

Back