The next meeting!

Reef Bass

colors and textures
Greetings Wine Country Reefers.

It is with much delight that I announce our next meeting will be at Aqua Terra, 8492 Gravenstein Hwy, Cotati, at noon on Sunday, July 30. (The old Fish Pros place)

I know the Sunday thing is a little different but it will give those who can never attend on a Saturday a chance to participate.

As you may have heard, our very own coralfarmer, James, is now the owner. James has more practical experience than most of us put together. I look forward to hearing his plans for the future and to getting a chance to absorb some of his reef wisdom.

There will be a raffle and a potluck. And we can BBQ!

Please RSVP on this thread if you can attend and what you'd like to contribute to the potluck. Don't forget to bring frags for the raffle if you can.

Sadly, our co-pres Grant has commitments for that day and won't be able to attend. I told him it would be ok and we'd pretend to miss him. :D

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

Ken

I'll have to see if I can make this one, there's a tentative soccer play date that day in Union City for my daughter. I should find out next week some time.

I will post it up on the Facebook page too. Someone notify Steve about the meeting please.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Should we re-think this day and maybe consider a week night? We only had 8 attendees at the last one and I see I can't make it's already. We can't keep having these under 10 people showing up. It's summer and people are busy on the weekends.

Steve R says he's put it on his calendar.

If you want to change the meeting date, and that's ok by me if that's what people want to do, we need to consider another date that works for Aqua Terra as well.

Saturdays are not good for Aqua Terra. Sundays are not good for Grant.

Personally, I'm not down with week nights. I usually spend 3 hours a day commuting to and from SF and today's ride out was 2.5 hours by itself, so 3.5 hours commuting for me today. If you guys want to meet on a week night, please feel free. I'll sit out until next time.

Thank you very much for making the effort connecting with James. It was difficult. Everybody's input would be appreciated re. The day and time. Thanks Grant

Hmmm. I don't care what day we meet i just don't want another poorly attended meeting. Hopefully the Sunday meeting will be well attended.

Normally Sunday is ok for me until soccer season starts. Tuesday and Thursdays are not good for me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I can come and can bring a frag of this Australian Acropora spathulata Thanks RB for the heads up!!!

_59A3016.jpg

I love the growth form of A. spathulata. It's a more demanding acro IMHO.

It maybe millepora. I'm a bit confused on the species. Isn't spathulata a subspecies or variant of millepora? I know it came from Australia but the branches aren't quit as thick or tapered as I've seen on other spathulatas. It actually is very hardy in my tank. It survived a major chemistry issue which wiped out most of my other corals.

_59A3028.jpg

Back