The Patience of the Reefer Spouse

ct_vol

Reefing On My Mind
Team RC
So, I'm at the office in O'Fallon, 3.5 hours from home and I receive a call from Ash. Of course I'm in a meeting so I hit ignore. After the meeting I read my texts and I have one from her simply, "call me." I understand I'm in trouble now from my husbandly intuition, but do not know the extent to which I have erred. So I call her back and she tells me there was a fire in the basement. She has my undivided attention now, but she's annoyed not angry or upset so I tentatively ask her what happened. She explains that she heard a beeping and couldn't find the source. In the kitchen she could smell burnt plastic, but after checking the outlets she figured out it was coming from the basement. Again, she checks all outlets and plugs and tells me the chiller caught fire. My chiller outlet is on the ceiling of the basement, so I ask her if there was any structural damage. She says no, the fire was on the plug on the floor. I have no idea what she's talking about and ask her to take a pic so I can tell her what to do. I'm on the phone with my assistant tending to a client "tax emergency" when the picture comes in, so I don't call her back for another 10 minutes. I look at the pic and it's of the controller. So I call her back and tell her to unplug it from the ceiling so there is no future concern and I'll deal with it once I get home this evening. I preemptively promise to buy new louder smoke alarms and a carbon monoxide alarm as well. She just sounds tired of it all by this point, so I end with I love you.

Driving home now hoping I only have to buy replacement plugs and not a new controller. I know I will be reminded of this in the future and it will cost me dearly in some way, shape, or form. Still happy I have a spouse that tolerates my reefing obsession... :D

Yea I agree... I'm setting up a tank again just to test my wife's patience :)

Almost finished getting all the components hope to see you again soon at a swap etc. you moved from Knoxville correct?

Man, I don't know what to do...Chris AND Brandon getting back in!! hah hah.

Randy, I have always said that Ash is a very special lady. She's awesome, for sure.

Almost finished getting all the components hope to see you again soon at a swap etc. you moved from Knoxville correct?

Yeah, I moved about 4 years ago. I need to come down for a swap. Hope to do so this year. I have a lot of stuff to unload and I miss visiting with the old crew. Glad to see you getting back in it. Pat said you and your wife had a child. Congrats!!! Ash and I had our daughter almost two years ago now. Time flies.

Well the plugs are toast, but no other damage. Luckily Ashley was home to put out the small fire. Apparently we need to get new fire extinguishers, or at least get them recharged.

Man U got lucky that could have been way worse, be careful and I hope to catch up at a future swap with all u guys

Back