The Plight Of My Nations Reefs(please dont buy wild caught specimens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Ninja Reefer, you called for an out righ stop of wild caught, you can't have "that too" if you stop wild collections.

(tourist talking hear)
"Hi, I'd like to sign up for an eco tour of Mindinao"
(guide)
"So you'd like to donate to the MILF? How much?"

As a friend of mine is off to the Philipines, I asked him to bring me back some fish like the ones he brought back the last time he was there. "No problem Doug" he tells me, they only cost a couple of bucks in Manila and ship real well in carry on luggage.
Graet variety to boot, angles, butterflies, tangs, and giant triggers. All I'll need to do is quarantine the for TERMITES as they are of the hand carved/painted variety, finally some clean fish out of PI!

most of the Philippines reefs are located in Luzon and Visayas I suggest you to go there because right now, eventhough muslims only make up %5 of the Filipino population there are muslim extremists down there in Mindanao, they take foreigners as hostages so right now its a big NO NO although you could risk it and go to Santa Cruz Island which has pink sand(due to white sand mixing with corals), Zamboanga islands and Camiguin.
if you dont want to risk being hostaged by Muslims in Mindanao there are more reefs to see in Boracay Island, Bohol, Batangas, Cebu, Palawan etc........

phil_map_color_plain.gif

the map

http://travelpuppy.com/philippines/images/philippines-mindanao.jpg

Santa Cruz(the sand is Pink)

I was just using one you'd get ;) Steve (Cortez Marine) was refferring to Bali. To be honest, Mindinao really isn't a hot bed for MO collections.

Posting links to pages with profanity here is no better than posting profanity here. This is a family friendly bulletin board, please keep that in mind as you post going forward.

Last edited by a moderator:
pszemol,
Beware the...
Moro Islamic Liberation Front
The MILF is the vanguard of the Islamic movement in the Bangsamoro homeland in Mindanao and the neighbouring islands. The MILF was formed in 1977 when Hashim Salamat, supported by ethnic Maguindanaos from Mindanao, split from the Moro National Liberation Front, advocating a more moderate and conciliatory approach toward the government. In January 1987, the MNLF signed an agreement relinquishing its goal of independence for Muslim regions and accepting the government's offer of autonomy. The Moro Islamic Liberation Front, the next largest faction, refused to accept the accord and initiated a brief offensive that ended in a truce later that month. The Mindanao-based Moro Islamic Liberation Front fields around 2,900 troops.

Steve
the one you refer to..."only in America"

This thread has lost it's focus, and taken a turn to "over the edge" Good job, guys.
[chimp]
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back