The Radium Reef

Thread will come in due time my friend. I snapped a few pics before I broke down the LEDs. The Cebu has been up and running since Aug 15 but everything looks rather ghetto at the moment as I haven't had the time to put the finishing touches on cables etc.... One thing I can honestly say, MH/T5 is where it's at, only been 4 days and i can see things starting to change in a positive way. Thanks to you and the Biggs for the push I needed to go back to my roots in reef keeping, if I ever get down to your part of the world I'm buying :beer:

Any of those Anthias would look cool Dom, the golden ones are pretty awesome though........... :)

Cleaner wrasse kill black ear wrasse i'm pretty sure so best bring that guy over to my place before you add the cleaner wrasse mate. ;)

Gotcha, half my rock was dry and I have cleared away all the hitchhiker stuff by now. Well most anyway I got bubble algae and aiptasia to deal with when I tear down.
My issue is mostly bubble algae too lol bastard stuff! At least I'll have the new rocks spick and span!

Love the title of your thread! I am a Radium guy as well and I am using them on my new tank. As for rock, I went with 100% Marco dry rock......so far so good. Sounds like you have a great game plan!
Thanks mate, I absolutely love the Radium bulb so this will definitely be a key to the new tank! Good to hear another positive review of Marco, I'm definitely keen on using it, mixed with a small amount of live rock for a bit of diversity :) I've been thinking about an upgrade for some time so this if the culmination of it!

those golden anthias are sweet. You need 7 more pics on this page to fill sahins minimum haha.Look out biggles you got a new radium tank on the block.
They really are! The Flav's are winning at the moment both on colour and price lol. I'll have some more pics soon!! Tank is being picked up in a few hours :D Biggles has nothing to fear... yet lol

Sunburst look great. Dont know what the survival rate is though.

The cat look very nice too. :)
Given the quality of what my lfs got in the other night and how well he looks after the fish I would be confident in being able to keep them but my aim will be on the other anthias before adding a sunburst!

He's a pain but a loveable one :hammer:

Thread will come in due time my friend. I snapped a few pics before I broke down the LEDs. The Cebu has been up and running since Aug 15 but everything looks rather ghetto at the moment as I haven't had the time to put the finishing touches on cables etc.... One thing I can honestly say, MH/T5 is where it's at, only been 4 days and i can see things starting to change in a positive way. Thanks to you and the Biggs for the push I needed to go back to my roots in reef keeping, if I ever get down to your part of the world I'm buying :beer:
Looking forward to seeing your thread when it comes out :) and I'm really glad to hear that you're loving the Cebu and the Radium!! They're both fantastic aren't they! You can definitely buy us a beer when you come here haha

Love the sunburst anthias.. Delicate fish, though.
Cute cat!
Nice rug!!
haha thanks mate! Cat and rug are definitely both awesome! I have always liked sunburst but after seeing them in person, oh my god are they nice!

Any of those Anthias would look cool Dom, the golden ones are pretty awesome though........... :)

Cleaner wrasse kill black ear wrasse i'm pretty sure so best bring that guy over to my place before you add the cleaner wrasse mate. ;)
Golden one's are definitely very very awesome! $160 a fish though :blown: while the p. flavicuada's are $70 for imported fish so it looks like they're winning at the moment haha.

I completely forgot about that! Maybe no cleaner then :facepalm:

I'm not sure what they cost, but have you looked at pseudanthias ventrailis. Some of the regional variants are spectacular.

I'm not sure what they cost, but have you looked at pseudanthias ventrailis. Some of the regional variants are spectacular.
I have definitely thought about vent's but they're not very suited to the high light and flow tank I want to run, they're a much deeper water species and while I would LOVE some, I don't really have the ability to adapt them to the higher light :(

GUESS WHO HAS A NEW TANK :celeb1::dance::celeb1:

Well after a long day of driving all around Victoria haha I was finally able to pick the tank up this afternoon and I am stoked with it :D I am so excited for the upgrade and having, what I feel is, a HEAP more room for activities!!

Enough with my silly nonsense and now for some photo's that I've actually taken of the new tank!

While I don't mind the corner overflow toooo much I'm definitely thinking about some work to make it external :hammer: I literally cannot contain my excitement here!

nice tank! This will be fun. And I consider switching back to radiums at least 2-3 times a week. I still feel they're the best

nice tank! This will be fun. And I consider switching back to radiums at least 2-3 times a week. I still feel they're the best
haha well it's one of the best swaps and choices I've made so far! Definitely the best lol

Nice looking tank, will be nice to watch this one progress. :thumbsup:
Thanks mate :) I'm definitely keen to bring a stunner sps tank to the table ;)

I know what you mean regarding the corner overflow wrangy:(
I ended up removing mine.Seeing the overflow pipe is much better compared to that.
Lost tank space and makes your life hard in aquascaping.
Now that is empty it's the time to take some action:)

Good luck with the set up:thumbsup:

Man that looks real nice! Very happy for you. :D

Have a look at the start of my thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2449072

I had an internal corner overflow box/weir. I ripped it out and went external. Not only does it look so much nicer, I gained SO MUCH SPACE.

Prior to that, I'd never cut glass/drilled glass etc etc. You have a current tank in a very healthy condition, so there is no reason to rush things. Take your time and get the new one setup as best as possible.

You have a current tank in a very healthy condition, so there is no reason to rush things. Take your time and get the new one setup as best as possible.

I will second that. No reason to rush. Plan it out and get it how you want it from the get go.

I know what you mean regarding the corner overflow wrangy:(
I ended up removing mine.Seeing the overflow pipe is much better compared to that.
Lost tank space and makes your life hard in aquascaping.
Now that is empty it's the time to take some action:)

Good luck with the set up:thumbsup:
I'm thinking while it's sitting there nice and empty that I'll silicone over the holes and work on an external type overflow! I've been looking the ghost style overflows for the tank.
Your tank is stunning though, I never even noticed the pipes in the back of the tank! :D I'll definitely be taking lots of action with the tank happily empty lol

Man that looks real nice! Very happy for you. :D

Have a look at the start of my thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2449072

I had an internal corner overflow box/weir. I ripped it out and went external. Not only does it look so much nicer, I gained SO MUCH SPACE.

Prior to that, I'd never cut glass/drilled glass etc etc. You have a current tank in a very healthy condition, so there is no reason to rush things. Take your time and get the new one setup as best as possible.
I'm very happy for me too :lolspin: thanks Sahin :)
Your overflow seal up is exactly what I'm thinking so see your work on it helps quite a bit mate!

I have absolutely no intend of rushing this one lol going to take it really slowly. I definitely want to run with an external overflow as that precious room that it takes up will slightly ruin my aquascaping plans lol I've been looking at the ghost style overflows as they're nice and low profile and really easy to install and manage!
The plans for the scape is to have two thirds of medium height rock so that there's a massive area for acro room! But then in the last ft of the tank have it much lower with open sand and zoa and clam gardens mixed across that area. Giving me a heap of area for my beloved "flubber" haha but it also allows for a larger swimming area for my fish, especially my bellus and the anthias :) I'm sure the hawks will love a larger area to show off in :lolspin:

I will second that. No reason to rush. Plan it out and get it how you want it from the get go.
I definitely agree! I'm going to talk through every decision I plan on making so you'll all see my innermost reef thoughts :idea:

Back