The result of my first reef tank.

Thierry05

Hi, my previous thread about my reef tank wasnt getting much attention, mainly because I was being very boring. I now have the finished result of my 25 litre (around 5-6 gallons) reef tank (until I add some fish and maybe some more corals) :D. hope you like the pics! View attachment 306048 DSC_0213.jpg
also I found a hitchhiker coral! you cant see the image very clearly but it looks just like the bud like structures you see on young zoanthids!View attachment 306049 I also found something that comes out at night a lot.DSC_0205.jpg I'll be having updates soon!

PS: that worm I think is a peanut worm but it is striped and is very sensitive to light.

Hi, my previous thread about my reef tank wasnt getting much attention, mainly because I was being very boring. I now have the finished result of my 25 litre (around 5-6 gallons) reef tank (until I add some fish and maybe some more corals) :D. hope you like the pics! View attachment 306048View attachment 306047
also I found a hitchhiker coral! you cant see the image very clearly but it looks just like the bud like structures you see on young zoanthids!View attachment 306049 I also found something that comes out at night a lot.View attachment 306050 I'll be having updates soon!

PS: that worm I think is a peanut worm but it is striped and is very sensitive to light.
Found a couple of hydras on the rock! one of my favourite reef creatures because they can live forever in the right conditions which is amazing! View attachment 306052 I also had a featherduster when the rock arirved but it died, but now I found another one going in and out of view, but I cant take a picture of it atm because its not out.

Found a couple of hydras on the rock! one of my favourite reef creatures because they can live forever in the right conditions which is amazing! View attachment 306052 I also had a featherduster when the rock arirved but it died, but now I found another one going in and out of view, but I cant take a picture of it atm because its not out.

WOW! I'm finding more every minute. found some extra tube worm tubes and something that looks like an anemone View attachment 306053 :worried2: and one thing I know is that most anemones are bad.

so... what do you guys think??? should I remove the hydras? I have heard they are pests. and are what I think are zoas are zoas.

also, do I need a powerhead? the filter's circulation is supposed to be good for up to 80 litre tanks.

Last edited:
Does anybody know what coral this is:View attachment 306179 I think it is a zoa but now I'm not sure. I wil have a couple new images of it soon.

If you dont know what I am trying to show I'm trying to show that round blob on the rock, it has a pinkish white tint.

I can't find it. Can you get a better picture? Closer? Try and put your camera right against the glass or as close as possible then edit it and crop it. This should bring it closer. Also if you turn off all pumps and water flow for a minute before taking the picture.

Yes to removing hydras. They are awful buggers in a nano.

I did turn off all the pumps when doing so, but I can crop the image, I found out it was a sponge:View attachment 306192 (click to get larger image). Why should I remove the hydras? I think they are branching hydras, I checked on a hitchhiker website and it says branching hydra are ok, they look like they are or might branch.

also! some new hitchhikers! DSC_0245.JPG what is it?

Maybe I was thinking of something else, but I had a rock covered in hydras in one of my tanks. Maybe my seahorse, anyway, we had to get rid of them cause they sting. I would have to check my seahorse thread from a few years back, but I'm pretty sure that is why.

yeah, I will remove them if they grow too much, but I will leave them be, I like the diversity of things you can find in the aquarium. but I'm getting a laser to kill the DREADED APTASIA,

Thanks for the complement! sorry I haven't been posting for a while but here is a update, but first, talking about what you said about discovering new things, I have a new feather duster that looks better than the usual ones I have found. here are the latest pic:View attachment 306732 Will have more soon

the featherduster is getting bigger and better, I've also changed the cover to a plastic cover instead of clingfilm.

fixed the algae problem, hermit and brittlestar doing fine together, living in the same den, sometimes the crab may push the starfish out of its way but they dont attack each other.

pics:DSC_0033.jpg DSC_0034.jpg I also have a pic of the starfish, that will come soon.

Back