The Scleractinia Shallows

Dom,
I hope you don't mind that I suggest you something: scratch the coraline from backpanel.
The black background will make your fishes and corals colors pop.
And the contour of your rock structure will show of too.
Regards
Alex
That's lots of work though Alex :thumbdown :lmao:
I think it might be a good idea too so on your suggestion I'm going to give it a whirl this weekend and see what the end result is :) haha

I think you're ready for a bigger tank
Have to upgrade the house first :fun5:

looking great Dom!!
Thanks Flo :) Got some more pictures coming soon too!! :D

That's lots of work though Alex :thumbdown :lmao:
I think it might be a good idea too so on your suggestion I'm going to give it a whirl this weekend and see what the end result is :) haha

A lot of work that will pay off! :p:p:p

PS.: You have a great group of fishes...

Scraping the coralline off the back wall isn't that bad.

Go to the hardware store and buy a paint scraper, use it once and toss it. You only really need to scrape the back wall like twice a year.

Since Andrew is not hooking us up with Deer Park acro tank pics I think you need to take over? Come on make us drool with that Aussie LFS coral paradise.

Although Farmer Dom hasn't posted for 20 days, it is hot Pepper planting season. Dom has to prepare the fields, construct a greenhouse and plant. I'm sure once all his chores are done, he will return. Right Dom?

Marty

Since Andrew is not hooking us up with Deer Park acro tank pics I think you need to take over? Come on make us drool with that Aussie LFS coral paradise.

Although Farmer Dom hasn't posted for 20 days, it is hot Pepper planting season. Dom has to prepare the fields, construct a greenhouse and plant. I'm sure once all his chores are done, he will return. Right Dom?

Marty

He sure is busy on the Facebook playing with his peppers....

A lot of work that will pay off!

PS.: You have a great group of fishes...
You sir are in a very large amount of trouble!! Why you might ask? Because I like the clean glass on the back! You've added lots of work to my maintenance routine Alex :lol:

Scraping the coralline off the back wall isn't that bad.
Go to the hardware store and buy a paint scraper, use it once and toss it. You only really need to scrape the back wall like twice a year.
haha that's exactly what I did! It was only a pain as it had built up over so long. It's the first time I've done the back wall in 18 months haha got one with a plastic handle and replaceable blades to make life easier! :)

Another Thursday has come and gone at Dear Park. Buy anything? Also, any more frags from Andrew?
Marty
Dom, what is next for your tank? Are you still thinking of breeding fish?
Marty
Hey Wrangy, anything going on? Any thought of getting a Chile Pepper Montipora Coral?
Marty
You're getting a week long posting ban :lmao: nothing new in the tank at all, been off for work and the tank needs some love and a good clean before I take any pictures or add anything new. I'm hoping to catch up with ol' Biggles on the weekend though!

There isn't enough pics in this thread :)
^
True dat!!
None whatsoever on the page yet! :sad1: Hopefully some new pics over the weekend :)

I'll make sure next time there's a goodie delivery and I can get down that I take the camera with me mate!

Marty
He sure is busy on the Facebook playing with his peppers....
Dom is probably pondering how to properly pickle his peppers.
Marty
I've had a gay old time out in the garden building my greenhouse, tending my peppers and getting some winter and greenhouse crops going! haha

Back