The Scleractinia Shallows

Dom, that one wrasse is getting large. What type is it again? And could you feature it in a photoshoot sometime in the future

Marty

I think she's going to be ruurrlll purdylike! (not a new piece though but has bravely fought on through many ups and downs haha

Some nice new and clean tank pics :)

What's the monti?
Doesn't have a name as it's a wild one :) I'm thinking the Ginger Minge though :lmao:

Dom, that one wrasse is getting large. What type is it again? And could you feature it in a photoshoot sometime in the future

Marty
Hologymnosus doliatus and will get even larger haha I'll try and take some pics of him soon but he's a serial snail killer and will be going to a new home soon!

Reece's tank?

Marty

Doesn't have a name as it's a wild one :) I'm thinking the Ginger Minge though :lmao:

Hologymnosus doliatus and will get even larger haha I'll try and take some pics of him soon but he's a serial snail killer and will be going to a new home soon!

I was doing some mucking around last night in the tank and was using the porthole to see what I was doing and I have to say things are looking pretty nice and the colours are coming along happily!! So I suppose I'll need to do some top down shots of things!

In the mean time here's a completely unrelated update! haha I spent a few hours on the weekend doing some gardening and here's the results! The first lot is the second batch of peppers to go in and there's some very beautiful and interesting pods I'm very excited about!

Strawberries are getting there, they'll need some light feeding soon

Repotted and cleaned up all the original batch of peppers and the jalapeno is coming back after being infested with aphids!

Peas and tomatoes are just going crazy!! lol

Super duper excited about this guy too!! Going to take a while before I get any fruit from it though.

Which fish did you remove?
The red stripe wrasse! He was eating too many snails and I bought some of these gorgeous little strombus snails (conch)! Which I was not going to let him eat haha

I also added a most adorable little blenny too! He's like a puppy, comes out with his fin up when I go near the tank and it's only been a couple of days haha he's a high fin blenny but I think he may be a sabretooth blenny but I need to find the actual ID on him yet!

It must of hurt a bit having to get rid one of your wrasses.

Marty

The red stripe wrasse! He was eating too many snails and I bought some of these gorgeous little strombus snails (conch)! Which I was not going to let him eat haha

I also added a most adorable little blenny too! He's like a puppy, comes out with his fin up when I go near the tank and it's only been a couple of days haha he's a high fin blenny but I think he may be a sabretooth blenny but I need to find the actual ID on him yet!

Dom your tank is looking really good man, love that C. colini in there.

How large are those conchs? I wish we could get those here, they look really pretty, I have a tonga fighting conch and always enjoyed having it.

It must of hurt a bit having to get rid one of your wrasses.

Marty
Wasn't too painful given how many snails he ate and that he wasn't an "on the list" wrasse lol he was getting way too big anyway haha

Dom your tank is looking really good man, love that C. colini in there.

How large are those conchs? I wish we could get those here, they look really pretty, I have a tonga fighting conch and always enjoyed having it.
Thanks Josh! I need to take some new pictures of the tank soon! The colini gets nicer by the day! The blue is just glowing!

The conch's are like half a pinky in size! So they're tiny haha I love them so much that I'm going to get another 2 or 3 haha

Thanks Josh! I need to take some new pictures of the tank soon! The colini gets nicer by the day! The blue is just glowing!

The conch's are like half a pinky in size! So they're tiny haha I love them so much that I'm going to get another 2 or 3 haha

I've always thought colinis were underrated, but I'm not risking my blue squamosa to a Centropyge. :( I never have good luck when I roll the dice.

Ship some to me! :lol:

I've always thought colinis were underrated, but I'm not risking my blue squamosa to a Centropyge. :( I never have good luck when I roll the dice.

Ship some to me! :lol:
Colini's were never on my list to start with but when I saw this guy in the store, his personality killed me! (his refusal to eat prepared foods for several months nearly killed me too haha) but he and Burgers are best friends now and hang out together most of the time, never far from each other!

Things are coming along nicely!
Thanks man, I'm pretty happy with it!

Back