the start of my 29g reef tank

Yea that coral will take some time before it adjusts 100% to water conditions ... another thing is that frogspawns don't like to be battered by flow so put it in a calm place and it will inflate the most.

I got some new stuff. and took some pics.. i got a new stand to because i was nervous about my old "metro wire" stand.

Plate coral.( i love the purple mouth)
IMG_2327.jpg

my new tomato that loves the gbta
IMG_2319.jpg

Starting to inflate a lot more
IMG_2328.jpg

i got a cup of frags at the LFS.. heres some of the mushrooms.
IMG_2331.jpg

I got a candy tail hogfish .. this was the best pic i could take.. still sucks though
IMG_2342.jpg

any suggestions on my next fish i should put in tha tank....i have a tom. clown and a golden wrasse.. any other ideas?

Personal opinion, but I rather have a nice tank with corals rather then fishes. Right now all i have are 1 clowns... I would like to add 1 or 2 more fishes. Maybe a spotted mandrine (sp) but that will have to wait untill i can get my sump up and running.

BTW I am jealous of your BTA and frogspawn. if u ever frag the frogspawn or the BTA splits let me know, i will take it off your hands.

Nice tank do u have alot of copepods?
if u do u could try a mandarin but make sure u have alot of copepods, ur water quality is good and if u can try and see if will eat normal frozen food

Hey easye, how long has your tank been setup? it seems like ur adding corals too early, and that BTA looks bleached.
I'd have to say no on that mandarin, unless you feeling buying pods every week.
"ur water quality is good and if u can try and see if will eat normal frozen food" what does that have to do with getting a mandarin to eat frozen?

hairy - ya it does seem pretty early to add corals ..but the LR i got to start off with.. and the LS i got from my brothers tank made it cycle quick and i waited about a week and a half after that till i put in my first coral.. also i wouldnt put a manarin in at all.. at least not anytime in the next year. Why does the BTA look bleached.. everyone that has seen it says its doin perfect.. and thats what it looked like when i bought it. and the LFS i go to are geniuses(i think thats how u spell it) and they said it was really healthy to. but i dunno u could be right.

no i use to have the false perc but the LFS said it wouldnt host.. so the LFS gave me my money back and i got the tomato..

my golden coris wrasse burries up in the sand when i turn the lights off, and when i turn them on never comes out. Should i worry or is he just chillen in the sand

oh, did you change your mind cause earlier you said, "10g sump/refug.(skimmer was being set up when i took the pic")

what made you change your mind?

oo lol ya. ur right i forgot.. just dont think i need that skimmer crap as long as i do weekely water changes.

kind of upset but my anemone isnt lookin good

IMG_2356.jpg

im thinking the clown is to big for the anemone and stressing him out

Back