Thin Algae!

i2go

I set up my nano dx on (o6)new year's, and my nitrate is 20ish....Im noticing thin lime green algae on my LR! What do i do, i have 7 hermits, 2 turbo snails, 3 astrea snails.

20ish WoW ...What do you do?... WATER CHANGE!!! Nitrate should be 0, thats one of the resons why you have algae

being it's been 8+ weeks ... i would think you need to find the problem of nitrate. You prob got something dead in there or SOMETHING along those lines to have that high of a nitrate this late in the 'cycle' ...

DANNY G2004 ... water changes would be a good idea but I think you assume there is nothing wrong with the tank ... dangerous to assume with that high of nitrate readout ... IMHO

One thing that I notice is that in my tank I also had the same issues with hairy thin algae, what was happening is that my ro/di water was high in nitrates. I solved this by replacing my DI resin in my RO/DI system. Since then the algae has started to go away. Just so you know I also set my tank up in new years. First thing is try to lower your nitrates, if that does not work find out from where its coming from. Good luck let me know if I can help you out with anything else.

Back