Thinking about making a comeback!

Ding2daDong

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on here in years! I miss this community. I hope some of the people I used to see and speak with are still on here.

Anyways I'm finishing my last year of dental school here in Gainesville and have a bunch of friends with reef aquariums.. So the bug finally bit me again! When I think about my first tank being a 19g via aqua and how much I fell in love with this hobby I finally decided I want another tank. Something small and fun and cheap! haha So I'll be looking for a used setup with all the misc. stuff so I don't get creamed buying all of those things.

I was thinking about a small 30g RR deep blue but I don't see used ones being sold that often. I do see a lot of 60 RR deep blue tanks that are complete for sale but I think that may be too big. Ideally looking for a shallow reef. Not sure yet. Any advice on setups or just any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I still come down to SoFlo to see my family and check in on meetings whenever I can. When I first started this hobby T5's were just coming into competition with MH and LEDs were terrible! Now it seems like LEDs are the way! It seems I have a lot to catch up on.

Good times.

:)

-Matthew

Last edited:
Welcome to the club:D
FindingNemo_249Pyxurz.jpg

Hey everyone! Good to see some of the old crew still around. :) I couldn't get on here since I posted. I think I will be waiting on residency match results until I fully decide on a setup but I'm eyeing an 80g deep blue. haha we will see.

Hey everyone! Good to see some of the old crew still around. :) I couldn't get on here since I posted. I think I will be waiting on residency match results until I fully decide on a setup but I'm eyeing an 80g deep blue. haha we will see.

Haha you sounds like me wanted to set up a little tank after taking down my 60. I just went from a 20 gallon nuvo to a custom 56 gallon

Do an ortho residency, lots of mula, you can have a huge fish tank in your office and fly to work in a leer jet:wildone:

Good to here from you again young man. Last I saw you was at Mitch's house before you left. You where helping with a frag event. 2010 maybe???

Good to here from you again young man. Last I saw you was at Mitch's house before you left. You where helping with a frag event. 2010 maybe???

Haha I've seen you twice a year since I lived in Soflo! You don't remember? I make it out to a few meetings every year but this year has been rough with boards. I hope all is well.

-Matthew

Welcome back Matt. Long time no see, since Tallahassee I think.

I'm up in NYC, but still check the FMAS forum now and then (mostly to see what frags Rovster has, the status of Rogger's new build, etc.). I'm down to 29g biocube, but it has been fun.

Can't wait to see a new build thread. Sorry you're stuck in that town with that school in it :(

Dang, I peek in for the first time in years, and see a BUNCH of old timers in this thread. How's it going everyone!

Back