This Topic is a bit Salty.(No pun intended)

mhhauser

Just intrested what you are supposed to put into salwater tanks when it comes to salt.

Is their one brand out their eveyone uses or is it a mixed topic.

If anybody can list the brands from best to worst I would appriciate it.

All advice is welcome

There are lots of threads, lots of products, and people use a wide vareity of the lots of products with good results.

I think Instant Ocean is the most common choice, and it works well for lots of people.

I use Instant Ocean. It has low calcium, but calcium is cheap. Use Dr Randy's DIY 2 part additive and it's well worth it.

Big can of worms you may have opened here...lots of debate...

Seems that most people use Instant Ocean. I use Reef Crystals which is an Instant Ocean product with more addatives already in it. I've never heard a bad word about either one. I've also used Tropic Marin in the past with excelent results.
I have heard some bad things about Oceanic though.

I agree with Fast Fred, big can of worms... I have used IO and now Oceanic. I have not lost as many SPS since using Oceanic, but.... alot of people use IO and have great SPS tanks. All preference I suppose. IO is found about everywhere and is affordable. I think it is more about how you take care of your tank and monitor/adjust than just the salt.

i have used IO when i had my FO tank then to FOWLR tank and now my REEF tank and still love it. as been said it is fairly cheap and is found almost anywhere.

I have been using Kent salt and I love it. I never have to add anything to my tank. Every batch I make has a calciuim level of 400 and an alk level of 2.5meg/l.

Back