Thought I would share a couple GoPro Pics of my tank

CuzzA

I never shared my tank here at TBRC. So here she is. It's coming up on the 6 month mark in a few days. Perhaps I'll make a underwater GoPro video to celebrate.

Fortunately, my loses have been very minimal. The one that still stings is my "old" yellow tang eating my "old" maxima clam... good for nothing b@$!@%&. I still haven't experienced any nuisance algae or cyano either. Just have to clean diatoms off the glass every 4-5 days.

And before anyone says anything about the 3 tangs, a very large tank is in the works. Probably my biggest mistake was not going bigger. Even going 24" deep would have been smarter than this 90.

Well what do you think? Not to bad for a saltwater newbie? Although, I think I've read damn near every page that came up on google about this hobby.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• GOPR0041_pt.jpg
    GOPR0041_pt.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
  • GOPR0051.jpg
    GOPR0051.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Kybreos!!! What's up buddy? We have to get together for a beer man. It's been a long time.

Thank you Steve! The aquascaping was a bit of a pain, but I'm happy with the result. It's more or less three big rocks now. Here's what it looked like when I put it together. I pulled the gator head looking rock in the bottom left corner because it took up too much room. Too bad because I really like that rock. I'll put it in my next tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 0
Very nice! I'm gonna have to throw my gopro in the tank...gonna do some re-scaping Thursday.

The underwater shots come out amazing. RC's compressing of the pics don't do justice. I probably should start uploading elsewhere and link.

Very cool, really like the colors.

Thank you, I've moved the corals around quite a bit. I'm making sure that there are contrasting colors everywhere. The top left needs some more color. Too much green.

Very cool pictures. Nice setup.

Thank you

Nice tank and pics. Are you using the gopro black?

Thanks. White edition. I love this camera though. Aside from the tank shots it's great for my boat too. Throw it on a fishing line and drop it down in a hundred feet of water to see what the bottom looks like. Definitely saves a lot of time and fuel when you're looking for fat keeper gags.

Most of everything in the tank is from Faois and Creative. A few pieces from Coral Corral, Marine Warehouse and this years Reef-a-Palooza.

Awesome tank, what lights do you use? how big is the tank?

Thank you.

Reef Breeders Photon 48. I'm still adjusting them here and there. Maxed out at 50% on the blue and 40% on the white for 3 hours right now. I was adding 5% per week and got up to 70%, but as you can see in the one pic my tri-color acro was not happy and bleached. It's starting to color up again and is displaying great PE.

90 gallons with a DIY 29 gallon sump.

Nice tank! I just got a gopro that I want to use to take some pictures of my tank as well. I also have an old picture that a friend took of one of my corals using a gopro about 2 years ago...
picture.php

Also, what kind of starfish are those? Specifically the blue and pink ones in the second picture.

Last edited:
Back