Time for a new tank

ycnibrc

STAG HORN DOMINATE REEF
Well Im getting old so is my acrylic tank. This time will be the last upgrade I hope so here we go. Looking for a 96"x36"x30" starphire front. Anyone own a big glass aquarium please give advice on thickness of glass and which company will give the best bang for the bucks. Since this will be an inwall tank I dont care about look so full brace top to make sure the integrity of the seam is strong.
The main concern is the best way to transfer the old tank to the new tank Im planning to move the old tank to the opposite side to prepare for the new tank.
As far as equipment only the light will be new 4 x Neptune sky and 6 x kessill 360x for shimmer effect.
As far as the corals this time around will be everything from Lps to Sps and everything in between :) To say the truth im kind of sick of all sps so the new tank will have all kind of fishes and corals.
Well looking forward to 2022 and coming back strong to reefing I hope I still have some friends out there that I can ask for help :)

Anthony

Nice! Just say the word and if I have the time, I'll help out as much as I can. I'm resetting my tank too, but unfortunately I'm not going bigger, just reducing coral count and hopefully adding more clams. Looking forward to the new build, should be fun!

I might not know a lot and I am not too far from you. Just let me know when you need a hand. Hopefully, you still have my number. If you don't, just send me a pm.

my 72 x48 x30 is all 3/4 inch glass. I did the hybrid tank so metal frame with pvc bottom. i would not recomment rimless. I did the philips coral care lights and so far very impressed with the panel style lights. they are also waterproof and should last me a long time. Kessils do have the best shimmer by far though.
good luck on the new set up.

my 72 x48 x30 is all 3/4 inch glass. I did the hybrid tank so metal frame with pvc bottom. i would not recomment rimless. I did the philips coral care lights and so far very impressed with the panel style lights. they are also waterproof and should last me a long time. Kessils do have the best shimmer by far though.
good luck on the new set up.

Who make the tank for u?

Who make the tank for u?

My aquarium was made be AGE. I ordered at the time a bunch of club members ordered tanks so we all got a little bit of a discount. let me know if you need the contact number as Chris was really easy to work with.

What? I thought the last tank was the dream tank. You upgrading to the next dream tank? LOL.

Yeah but acrylic is really hard to keep clean and the 24" height is not ideal for staghorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My aquarium was made be AGE. I ordered at the time a bunch of club members ordered tanks so we all got a little bit of a discount. let me know if you need the contact number as Chris was really easy to work with.

Thanks i have a quote from crystal dynamic since they are local. Im still try to figuring out the best way to transfer the old and install the new. Im probably end up running both tank lol

Awesome, can't wait to see the new build pics Anthony!

Haha its only in the planning stage now because if holidays probably some actions will happen in jan around my birthday. First i need to move my current tank to the opposite side then i can start planning plumbing for the new tank. It will be a lot of works and im getting older :-(.

Back