Tiny Equivalent to RedSea Lights?

Dustin07

So I have this little 5g nano I'm building and I did test with a cheap import LED Light that had great reviews. Looks pretty but it's nowhere near as strong as my redsea 50w I have at home. All tank parameters are good and so I've been testing this tank with pruned zoas and xenia from my home tank. To me, as I look at the corals struggling in there, I feel like poor lighting is the last culprit I'm dealing with.
Thing is, I really don't want to go drop $300 on another redsea 50 for such a small tank... It's overkill for a tank that isn't even 12" deep.

Any thoughts or suggestions on a higher powered solution for a tiny tank?

So I have this little 5g nano I'm building and I did test with a cheap import LED Light that had great reviews. Looks pretty but it's nowhere near as strong as my redsea 50w I have at home. All tank parameters are good and so I've been testing this tank with pruned zoas and xenia from my home tank. To me, as I look at the corals struggling in there, I feel like poor lighting is the last culprit I'm dealing with.
Thing is, I really don't want to go drop $300 on another redsea 50 for such a small tank... It's overkill for a tank that isn't even 12" deep.

Any thoughts or suggestions on a higher powered solution for a tiny tank?
Curious which cheap import LED it is. Do you have a link?

Back