Here I Go Again - Office 10g

so for the sake of my documentation.
the little 10g in my office is still largely empty, with just a orchid dottyback who's still doing well, and a frag of zoas that are not. I dipped the zoas in some revive today for the first time, and a TON of crud came off them. I wasn't able to necessarily identify any living creatures like zoa eating spiders but I did have a bunch of debris come off and little bits of green algae etc that is nowhere else to be seen in the tank so we'll see. Revive has done wonders for all my other corals so far.

originally I just wanted this to be a zoa garden tank but geesh, it's the one coral I usually have great luck with at home and zero luck with here!

I'm trying something else.
I have those stick on temp / thermometers on this tank. They were already there when a co-worker gave it to me and I had no reason to think they were wrong, it showed 78-80f.

I just looked at the heater though and it says 72. so I'm turning it up to 77.5 to see what happens. Maybe my zoas are struggling because the water is cold and I didn't realize it....

Yea those stick ons can be pretty inaccurate

Not sure what you can/can’t do but it may be worth to invest in a temp probe

Update, the zoa's are doing worse now lol.
I brought my thermometer from home in and have the temp at 77 now. Looking to hit 78 and leave it there.

Must be something missing in my water quality that I can figure out. Even with lights off my home zoa's open....

Maybe run an ICP test to see if there’s something there?

I might have to, right now I have the water dialed at 78f.
I snagged a little GSP from the bargain bin today since it's the hardiest thing on earth, I'll see if it gives me any hope....
I had this pie in the sky idea that this would be a zoanthid only garden but that's not panning out.

Edit;

The "rescues" started opening a tiny bit after I added my bargain bin zoa's

1000012391.jpg

Last edited:
Grabbed a bargain bin zoa and they're already opening:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-24-13-56-32-41_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-24-13-56-32-41_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg
    544.3 KB · Views: 1
Yeah, for softies, 10 or higher is kind of a requirement.

what's funny is it's the one thing I hadn't thought about. Tank has stayed crazy clean though, which I enjoyed. but didn't really connect 1+1 there... so I'll work on that and see if I can improve that over the next few days/week(s).

kinda funny. Very little algae in my office tank, zoas are struggling with decent 35w light.
seahorse tank at home is quite a bit dirtier, gets fed twice a day, very cheapo horrible light
I dropped a zoa frag and some gsp from my DT in there a few days back and they're thriving, lol.
seems like nitrates are my issue in this tank. it's too clean!

Back