Tomini / Cthenochaetus genus Tangs.

Zionas

Are they easy tangs to keep? I heard they're finicky feeders. Are they prone to disease among Tangs and fish in general? Considering a Tomini as part of my fish cleanup crew, if it's an easy fish I'll probably make space, but many say the genus Cthenochaetus is not a very easy genus to take care of. Would love your experiences and suggestions. The Tomini will go in together with my Yellow should I opt for one. Currently 50/50.

I've had one for 8 years. It has survived three tank changes from a 55 gallon to a 180. It's been happy everywhere. Never a problem. Gets along with everyone including currently an aggressive powder blue tang, a personifer angel, a watanabe angel, and a host of others. The only aggression I've seen was with a lawnmower blenny. No problems with disease

My Tomini is one of my favorite fish. Gets along with everybody and so far (3-4 years in) disease free. I have it in a standard 120

Great to know! Do you find them a tricky fish to feed? Or do they take pretty much all foods readily?

It's a pig. NLS pellets, Rod's original, mysis, nori sheets, whatever. It has eaten some of anything I have ever fed the tank without issue

I had a Tomini for years in a 75g reef, great fish, no problems with aggression or feeding.

Attachments

• 100_2365.jpg
    100_2365.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1
Nice! I plan to add one with my Yellow. My original plan was to get a Yellow Wye Kole but shipments where I am are hard to come by due to the coronavirus in the US.

Back