Too Hot???

sO WHERE'S THE KID????? It's still 90F, had clam chouder for dinner(does that make be bad??!!) now stuffed, hot and tired.... Where is the clam, MY CLAM,,,,,just kidding

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7801070#post7801070 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by petenheather
BTW Coralcat...it is about 85' with 55% humidity...shoot I can't eat in this weather.haha :rolleyes:

I wish I hadn't. Now i feel like crap!!!!! yuk, was going to do a water change, but the water is 100F, just can't win with the heat, and toooo funny, he is still lagging, maybe ya can get to bed, before a 2nd wind sets in, and he is bored, Good Luck with that!!!! I should of had an apple for dinner, I feel sick.

too hot

too hot

you can lower the amount of time that u have your lights on per day and try to keep your house nice and cool also if you make an ice pack and stick it in the power filter in place of the cartridge it might help to cool the tank evenly with the water flowing through it rather than just cooling the top of the aquarium the only other option u have is to purchase a chiller

Petenheather, just saw that remark about the guinea pigs. I have 5, all of them are rescued pigs. Three are actually from California, long story. It is a real problem keeping them cool in this heat, they can die from heat exhuastion. PS tank maintaining 80 degrees

I am glad to report that the tank is at 79':D and onto the hamsters...i also keep a fan on them and mist them once in awhile... I have teddy bear ones and 2 parakeets and soon a sun conjure....plus the "tank"
I used to have 2 shelties, but they died from old age, months apart of eachother :(

I have a 90 gal tank and it's been pretty warm in NY state, however, I have been using tupperware bowls, filling with water and freezing them, then I remove the ice mold, put in plastic bag and float them. It seems to bring the temp down much better than ice cubes...they melt too fast. These blocks last a while an do the trick. Even with A/C going and room stable around 74, my tank will easily get up to 80+ and I want it down around 78, 79 tops. Also, I only have lights on for 2 hours early in morning and that's it. Someone told me the fish don't need all that light (hope that's true). Where is fall?????

Back