Top Down Photos?

TimothyJ

I have begun taking photos of with my Nikon D300 and Nikon Macro 105mm lens. I was curious, if any one knows of a way to get photos through the top surface of the water. I have been able to get a handful of decent ones through the front and side glass, but would love for a way to get photos through the top of the water. Is there a solution out there?

They sell top down photograph boxes or you can make your own. You basically need a box with a clear acrylic bottom. You point your lens and camera down through the box and submerse the end in the water, so it doesnt get any light reflecting off the surface to ruin your shot.

That's the simple description. Easy to make your own, or buy one online.

You could make a viewing box out of Plexiglass. It's cheap and will make the pictures turn out much better IMO. If you don't want to make it you can use a box style acrylic frame.

( ^+1 Recty posted before I submitted.)

They sell top down photograph boxes or you can make your own. You basically need a box with a clear acrylic bottom. You point your lens and camera down through the box and submerse the end in the water, so it doesnt get any light reflecting off the surface to ruin your shot.

Thanks, I'll see if I can locate one online.

Lol... The end of the box, not the end of the camera... Just in case ... Water and camera is bad....

I have a much simpler approach. I never use the lens hood for my 100 macro so I just glued a piece of acrylic to the bottom, trimmed it with a router and I'm good to go.

Back