Trading tanks?

gveng

i think i made a mistake when i bought the 60g cube, it seems most of the fish i was to keep would do better in a standard 60g or 40g breeder. for people that have switched tanks before w/ livestock what was the best way to go about it?

-trade tanks with a fellow reefer?

-buy new tank and transfer everything over? this seems like the best way, but then when you factor in space and money it doesn't look too promising.

-buy 20-30g rubbermaid tub, transfer everything over, sell current tank and buy new tank.

thoughts?

Definitely the ideal way to do it is to buy the new tank, transfer everything over, then sell the cube. Less stress for the inhabitants since you only have to transfer them once rather than twice with the rubbermaid tub idea.

Agree with cosorio!
Lots of used tanks out there. Find the one you want and set it up, and transfer over.
Selling the cube wont be a problem.

Mike

Hey guys. I didn't mean for this to turn into a for sale thread since I can't sell or trade on this site yet. If anything, feel free to pm so when can talk about it further.

Thanks!!

omg... i think i just fell in love with rimless tanks! is there any special maintenance requirements w/ a rimless tank?

From experience a used tank is just that. Always best to buy a tank with new seams and seals. I am all about recycling. And my current system is used, but never again.

omg... i think i just fell in love with rimless tanks! is there any special maintenance requirements w/ a rimless tank?

no special maintenance but I find my self cleaning the glass more often because water always drips out when I clean with the magnet or any time I put my hand in the tank. They do look pretty sweet though!

Back