Trimma Goby

SDeckard

In Memoriam
This little fella is so cool. He likes to hover in the water column while pointing upwards. He's always fat but never eats the food I feed my gold neon goby. My guess is it hunts for pods when the lights go out.

100608Trimma.JPG

I've always wanted a Trimma but never had one. Cool looking tiny little fish, maybe I should set up my Nano Cube again and make a zoo and tiny goby only tank.

LFS. It took him about a month to find it at his wholeseller. I brought in a pic from an online vendor because the LFS owner had never seen a trimma goby before.

I'll need to keep my eye out for one. They look like really cool little fish.

I've always wanted to setup a goby nano as well. I'd really like to get a flaming prawn goby, but never wanted to keep a fish at that cost that much in a larger tank. This little goby looks like it would be a perfect tankmate.

It is active and spends the day sitting on various corals and LR. Occasionally it will attach itself to the back wall. Compare that to the larger gold neon goby which mainly spends it's time attached to the sides on my 10g tall.

Thanks for the name, yeah I haven't found anything specific on feeding it either. However, I keep a very close eye on it and have never that fat belly on the trimma slim down. Must be pods.

One thing I have noticed is the mouth is shaped very differently than most nano gobies I've kept.

I'm thinking about adding a blue neon goby and another trimma to complete my softies/gobies nano.

Stan

Yep. Once it ate cyclopeeze but spit it out quickly. Probably only feeds on live food. I have not tried live brine yet. Not sure if they will be too large....

Mine eat anything they can fit in their mouths. In the 20 gal that runs off the same sump as my main tank there are 18 tiny gobies, including 3 different species of Trimma and 2 different species of Eviota gobies.

The total biomass of all the fish is less than if I had one percula in the tank.

Back