Tropical Fish Pond

PhanganTalay

Hi, new too the community and pretty new too keeping fish and hoping can share some of your knowledge 😊
I live in Thailand and have a large outdoor pond, main area is roughly 4m x 3m x 1m, heavily planted with a waterfall system and two smaller ponds.
In there currently are about 15 angels, 30 African cichlids, mollys & platys, archerfish, tetras and a couple of pleco.
In a pond of this size what sort of numbers of fish could I go upto in there? And other fish that would be easy/compatible. Currently I don't have a filter, the water is crystal clear to the bottom and fish generally seem to do well in there.

Also what sort of fish would be good for eating string algae?

Any advice be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello and welcome! This is a site dedicated to salt water; however, when I had a pond (much smaller than yours and dedicated to koi) an idea was to avoid the risk of having too many inhabitants. If it is going well, I'd keep it the way it is.

Would love to see pictures!

Hello and welcome! This is a site dedicated to salt water; however, when I had a pond (much smaller than yours and dedicated to koi) an idea was to avoid the risk of having too many inhabitants. If it is going well, I'd keep it the way it is.

Would love to see pictures!
Hi, thanks for your reply, I see it is now. Yeah, probably is best to keep the same but just seems like space for a few more. Haha

Certainly can take some pictures to show you. I'd love marine tank too being a diver.

Back