Truelumen pro Vs Stunner Actinic Blue LED Strip

ApolloFL

I have been doing some research on both the 48" 30 watt TrueLumen Pro Series LED Strip Light, Deepwater Actinic Blue 453nm and 48" 24 watt Stunner LED 445nm Blue. They are very similar in price and use the same power supplies. A couple of the differences I have notices is that the Truelumen has 288 LEDS ( they call them Diodes ) at 30 watts and the Stunner has 96 LEDS at 24 watts, and one is 453nm vs 445nm .

Truelumen
http://current-usa.com/aquarium-led-lights/truelumen-pro-led-strips/truelumen-pro-led-striplights/

Stunner
http://www.ecoxotic.com/stunner-led-strips-24-watt.html

The Truelumen is .10 watts per LED (288/30=.10)
The Stunner is .25 watts per LED (96/24=.25)
So the Stunner has more Watt per LED but to make it equal there are 3 times as many LED in the Truelumen than the Stunner. So really to make it equal the Truelumen is actually .30 watts per LED if they had the same amount of LED not really too much of a difference.

453nm vs 445nm I'm not really sure if this difference matter much.

Does anyone have experience or opinions on these?

Is more LEDS better or worst? More points of failure? Bigger vs smaller LED?

They will be used in a 90G 48Lx24HX18D mixed reef tank

Thanks in advance

Are you using these for supplement or for your main lighting? If main lighting what sort of coral are you trying to grow under them? What size tank?

I use the true lumens pro on my 120 gal 48inch tank. Just 1 lights up the tank great. I bought 2 but only use the 1. The dif between 453nm and 445nm is small but the 445nm will be darker to the eye. Closer to the uv range. I like the true lumens and for the price u cant beat it. Good luck

I stayed away from the stunner strips because of how many people said theres stopped working in a short time.

Are you using these for supplement or for your main lighting? If main lighting what sort of coral are you trying to grow under them? What size tank?

This is for a 90G mixed reef tank. This would be my main source for blue lights, I would like to get 1 or 2 12,000k strips to replace my compacts.

The true lumens look nice! I have the ecoexotic stunner and I do like the color it provides! They do burn out tho I have lost 4 leds in a year and a half but they are still Brite! It all depends on the color you prefer!

The true lumens look nice! I have the ecoexotic stunner and I do like the color it provides! They do burn out tho I have lost 4 leds in a year !

That's the norm for what I have heard. Another member I know has 2 and when one goes out he sends it back under warranty and mounts is backup led over the tank. while he waits for the replacement from the manufacture. Seems common with them but everyone loves what they look like.

Roger

I love the Reef Brite XHO strips just saying. But I had the ecoexotic Stunner I and they kept going out 2 led diode at a time. Had 2 strips that had 2 to 4 leds go out than I got 2 more as a replacement, than they when out got, than got 2 more as replacements then they when out got another 2. I ending up with 8 strips from buying 2 used and only 2 were full strips when I sold them.

Truelumens are brighter I use both in 48" side by side. You will be happier with the Truelumens if looking for brightness.

For supplemental lighting why not DIY or cutom built?

I have panorama pros and they are nice but are slowling goind out on me :(

Reefers Direct in St Cloud will custom build strips to your specs for a very reasonable price. Or will sell you the parts for what they would cost you online. I will be goind this direction when I replace the panorama pros. Custom spectrum, custom size and can change lenses to adjust intensity. also available with controller for dimming and effects.

Just a thought

Back