TUnze 6055

an411

I installed this Powerhead over the weekend and I noticed that if its on sequential every time that it starts i hear a little clicking is this normal?

It maybe, I would give it a bit more time and see if it quiets down. If the click is very soft it may work itself out and just be due to being new, and some air in the pump.

alright I will see if it continues I turned it off sequential cause it was annoying me. But I will leave it on that for the next couple of days and see what happens.

Roger this pump has been going since Saturday and its still clicking I doesn't seem to be quieting down. every time it clicks it scares anything that is near it. Is there anything that i can do to get this to stop. I want to order another one of these pumps for my tank but I am hesitant if they are going to click like this

Got the part yesterday I put it in there was a difference between the 2 though the one that was in the pump the white impeller could turn on the shaft a little and the new one couldn't is that what causes the clicking noise? I haven't had a chance to mess around with it yet to see if its still clicking hopefully that should fix the problem.

I do have another 6055 that I am going to be installing tonight I am going to inspect the impeller before install and see if it does the same thing as the first one I installed.

Should I send the old impeller back?

No need to send the old one back. The clicking noise is caused by one of two things, the slack of the prop or the magnet being pulled down and clapping on the bottom of the pump. You should have also got a small black disk that is to be used to replace the stainless steel one. It is thicker and will solve the downward pull problem if you have that problem. The disk is very small and usually we tape them to a paper or the card tag of the drive unit.

I hope that I didnt toss that piece I didnt even notice anything liek that I will have to check when I get home. Thanks Roger this is why I went with tunze great customer service.

Roger I guess I am n ot having good luck I bought the other tunze 6055 and everytime I plug the power head into the transformer the green light goes off on the transformer and the power head will not turn I tried the other transformer with the new powerhead and the same thing the green light goes on and the power head won't fire on. Any reason that you can think of why this would be happening this thing is new out the box

Is it connected to a controller? I would try it without the controller to rule out a cable or foodtimer problem.

yeah it was connected to the controller when I get home I will try without the controller and see if I have the same issue.

Roger I wanted to let you know that I did receive the pump and it works mint. I packaged up the other pump and put the label on. But I hope its not going to be an issue I am not going to be able to get it to ups till monday. Wife is in the hospitial having a baby so I will get it out asap. BUt just wanted to keep you updated and let you know that the new pump works great.

Thanks

No need to send the old one back. The clicking noise is caused by one of two things, the slack of the prop or the magnet being pulled down and clapping on the bottom of the pump. You should have also got a small black disk that is to be used to replace the stainless steel one. It is thicker and will solve the downward pull problem if you have that problem. The disk is very small and usually we tape them to a paper or the card tag of the drive unit.

Sorry for bringing up such an old post but I knew that I have had a similar issue before. I think that I might have lost this little disk on one of my pumps. Was it like a little nylon washer looking disk? After giving my pumps a cleaning I saw that something like that fell out in the bucket but I forgot to take it out before I dumped the water. I was wondering if their was a way to get a replacement one?

The disk is part 6055.740 you can order it on Tunze.com, some of the oldest pumps had two thinner ones and I would use a small flashlight to check that none are present before installing the new one.

Back