Tunze 6100.1 Stopped

thanhjenn

Hi Roger, My tunze stopped working. The driver box still have the red light on and the tunze motor is warm but the impeller is not spinning. If I unplug it and leave it for about an hour and plug it again it would run for a couple of minutes. Do you know what is causing this?

thanh

6101 and 6100 are very different, 6101 has no driver, what you are referring to is the power supply. I would first check the stickied thread on driver alarms, while your pump has no driver or alarm, the drive unit (impeller) is the same and it may just have some small part stuck and this could cause it to overheat and stop.

it is an 6101. The don't think impeller is not stuck. I switched out the impeller as I have an extra 1 piece impeller. I have even soaked the unit in vinegar to see if it helps. The unit was used for approx 2 years and in storage the rest of the time. Just pulled it out again to use. It does not have a driver (you are correct) just the black rectangular thing (power supply). When plugged in the power supply and the motor block are both warm.

Which Edmonton are you in? Canada has a different repair center than the US.

My best guess is a dead motor and in that case the only repair will be a 6105 upgrade.

Assuming your power supply is good, the 6101.015 upgrade kit is what you would need, they run $194.95 list.

Back