Tunze 9006 / 9011

Sygnus

Hello, I would like to ask for help.

I have Tunze 9006 that stop work. I can see that the rotor stops for a moment and then spins again, very low foam is formed...the rotor is defective or the motor block ?

I have one 9011 reserve, but it does not fit under the hood....can i use the 9011 motor in the 9006 house + the 9006 skimmer cup ? and this motor not too much in 55 gallon ?

If it is the round 9006 motor and not 9005, the things to check are that the metal shaft is firmly in the motor and does not come out, that the drive unit is not stuck to the shaft, and the drive unit has no cracks in the magnet. If this all checks out, it is a bad motor. You can use the 9011 motor with 9006 drive unit and it will work like a 9006 but use a couple watts more power. The 9006 motor is still available but I would get it soon as they will likely be discontinued soon.

Thanks for the info !

This its the round 9006 motor, dont see any problem on the shaft / drive unit.

I think i'm use the 9011 motor with the 9011 drive unit in the 9006 body and the 9006 collection cup...it will not raise too much foam ?

With the short 9006 cup it will skim very wet and be hard to not just collect water. You could change only the impeller blades, they can be pulled off and switched.

As I recall the 9006 usually needed the screw opened almost all the way, about 5.5-6 turns.

I changed the reefpack 505 to one new 9012 DC ....fantastic skimmer, seriously, I really like it right now, make a very good foam.

Working only 2 days ago at the minimum speed, i dont have problem with micro bubbles or anything, but not taking the scum from the surface.
The grill only 1/3 deep under the water, I see the "waterfall" but only at the two edges.

Where its the problem? Get higher ? Need more speed ?

Raise it so only a little more than 1/4 is submerged and the skimming is much more aggressive.

Back