Tunze 9410 dc pump question

Maximus

Hey Roger, is the dc pump used on the 9410 a modified Sicce? Just curious as I just ordered the skimmer today from MD. Thanks.

Sort of, the basic shell is from our collaboration with Sicce, we have the opposite thread (female instead of male) and use an impeller from them. The motor is our 6105 motor coil inside which we make, so the electrical parts on this pump are completely from us.

Ahh awesome! I have another question regarding the hose that drains to the external collection container. Can you buy a longer hose from Tunze? Or, can you tell me what size hose it is so I can use a vinyl hose instead?

Gotcha. Just wondering why they decided to use a large diameter hose? I'd guess so all the skimmate can flow freely into it. Thanks again Roger.

Mostly because on this design the air volume has to flow freely as well, if the hose is restricted, the air cannot escape and the air pressure builds up and stops the skimming. This is actually very useful because if the bucket fills up to submerge the end of the hose, it shuts off the skimming process.

Mostly because on this design the air volume has to flow freely as well, if the hose is restricted, the air cannot escape and the air pressure builds up and stops the skimming. This is actually very useful because if the bucket fills up to submerge the end of the hose, it shuts off the skimming process.

Ahh, that makes total sense. Just wish the hose was a tad longer. Thanks Roger!

Back