Tunze ATO + Breakout Box for automatic water changes

thefuz

I'm looking to leverage the Tunze leads to operate a W/C system in conjunction with the Tunze ATO. Pardon my ignorance on the electrical front, but can the wires from the Tunze be plugged into the Breakout box directly or is some converter or relay required? If a relay is required, any recommendations?

Ultimately, I'm looking to do this...
1. Disable ATO pump [Tunze switch OPEN]
2. Activate waste water pump from sump [Tunze switch CLOSED]
3. Deactivate waste water pump when sump low float switch OPEN (~2 gallons) [Tunze switch still CLOSED]
4. DEFER low float switch for 10 minutes
5. Activate NSW pump [Tunze switch still CLOSED]
6. Deactivate NSW pump [Tunze switch OPEN]
7. Enable ATO pump

Am I thinking this through correctly? It's better to have the APEX control everything in this application, yeah? However, if I'm borrowing the Tunze pump signal, how do I activate this via APEX?

I would be of no help on this endeavour. I don't think this would be possible, it has no way to interface with the Apex.

No problem. Is there an AC adapter you recommend to power the pump directly? I'm going to use a 12V relay to signal the APEX breakout box but still would like to use the Tunze pump.

You just need a 9-12V power supply with at least 1200mA. At 9V the pump will run slower and have less head pressure than at 12, but it will also be quieter.

Back