Tunze Care Magnet any Reviews

Get the flipper scraper! Pretty good stuff. I have not been that impressed since going from koralias to vortech pumps just to give you an idea :)

My problem with the flipper scraper and the mag float is sand and other crap getting stuck under it. This Tunze one is supposed to avoid that.

I have both the flipper and the tunze. I never really had issues with sand with the flipper but I only ever use the blade side making the whole flipping thing point less.

You still have to pay attention with the tunze about sand but if falls out really easy if it gets behind the blade.

I'm currently leaning toward the tunze but the flipper is a very good cleaner.

My experience is with a low iron (StarFire) glass tank.

I have the tunze care magnet strong. I've only had it for a week but here are my impressions so far.
Calling it 'strong' is no joke, this thing could really do some damage if you let it slam together. The longer plastic blade has the perfect curve on the sides to avoid damaging silicone. Only the edges of the blades touch the inside of the glass, so sand can be scooped up by it. I haven't had any sand stuck behind the blades yet, but I'm being very careful about it. It comes with two sets of plastic blades and one set of metal blades.

I have both the flipper and the tunze. I never really had issues with sand with the flipper but I only ever use the blade side making the whole flipping thing point less.

You still have to pay attention with the tunze about sand but if falls out really easy if it gets behind the blade.

I'm currently leaning toward the tunze but the flipper is a very good cleaner.

My experience is with a low iron (StarFire) glass tank.

Which Tunze do you have? Nano, long or Strong?

I got the strong and it is indeed strong got to watch the fingers when pulling it out of the tank.

Any ideas on the difference of the Long and the Strong versions? Big price difference so I would imagine the strong is better?

I have the strong and it works very well. It cuts through tough coraline with the metal blade without an issue. The things that I would like improved would be to make it float and make the magnet stronger for 3/4". It works better on 1/2 glass, but satisfactory for 3/4"

I have the strong and it works very well. It cuts through tough coraline with the metal blade without an issue. The things that I would like improved would be to make it float and make the magnet stronger for 3/4". It works better on 1/2 glass, but satisfactory for 3/4"

If it doesn't float how do you retrieve it when it disconnects? Does it sink to the bottom?

It's attached via a string I believe?

Truth be told, now that I have been using it for a while it is a major PIA when it comes apart and falls to the bottom of the tank. Im thinking of adding some sort of floating material or string to the other side, as it regularly comes apart while using it on 3/4" glass. Anything smaller, it seems to work fine.

I've had mine for about 2 weeks now and I love that I can clean below the sand bed. I have 3/4 inch glass and works well. The worst part is that it doesn't float. It's a major pain to go fishing for it if your not careful.

Truth be told, now that I have been using it for a while it is a major PIA when it comes apart and falls to the bottom of the tank. Im thinking of adding some sort of floating material or string to the other side, as it regularly comes apart while using it on 3/4" glass. Anything smaller, it seems to work fine.

Let me know what you come up with. Would love to see what works.

My problem with the flipper scraper and the mag float is sand and other crap getting stuck under it. This Tunze one is supposed to avoid that.

Mag floats get sand flipper does not if used correctly. BRS shows it on the video. We all 500 worth of magnets but I can honestly say I love this one. Never switching.

I find the flipper does not have strong enough magnets for even my smaller tanks. I use a stronger outer magnet from another set but it still is pretty weak. It is pretty much useless on a curved or bigger tank.

I have had a lot of magnet cleaners since 1988 when I started this hobby. The Tunze Strong is the best cleaner I have used on acrylic tank (3/4 inch). Sure it is a small path, but it surely does not scratch the HeII out of my tank. Never going back to the big patch of sand picker uppers :O

I find the flipper does not have strong enough magnets for even my smaller tanks. I use a stronger outer magnet from another set but it still is pretty weak. It is pretty much useless on a curved or bigger tank.

How thick is your tank glass or acrylic?

Back