Tunze nano mod

Skydancer, what would you then recommend? I have now 2 6025 modded running in one on my Tanganyika cichlid tank, and would like to replace them maybe with just one instead. What would that be for that purpose? I have a background filter, so the stream pumps need to be in one place to make the debris move in one direction, towards the exit.
I could easily need more then what the two 6025 modded(just removed the inner tube) are giving right now.
What size is the tank? If the 6045 is too small, you should look at the 6065, 6085 and 6125.

Craig, thanks for the reply. As you can see in my messages. I know that there are bigger and more powerfull Tunze pumps then 6045. I was asking for advice about a pump to mod, that would pump twice the 6025 with simple mod. And as the 6045 pumps almost the same as a 6025, when both are modded, then I need advice on an other step. :)

About 3 years ago I replaced my 4 6055s with 2 6205s and have been very happy. I can also tell you that I have my 4 original 6025s modded and still running in my fuge (3 separate compartments) and 1 in the show without any issues. They have been running non stop for at least 5 years.

This is exactly what I came here looking for, thank you! This thread is old enough now that people should be able to give feedback as to the longevity of powerheads that have had this mod done to them? Any problems long term?

So 10 years later I bought a 6045 for $100 (with tax and shipping) and then I read this thread :lol: :lol: I could've bought two 6025's for that price :deadhorse1:

Back