Tunze nano mod

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12872521#post12872521 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
i just did the standard mod to my 6055 last week and wow what a great pump now. all 4 of my nanos are modded

I'm with familiar... how much difference in flow does the standard mod make on a 6055.

GSMguy, you seem to be in the know here... can you advise on this?

Thanks

Standard flow mod on the 6055 is a nice bump in flow, not sure exactly how much increase but definetly noticeable.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13907835#post13907835 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mr pink floyd
wow, havent seen this thread in a loooong time

anyone have the new tunze nanos? they look familiar...

they arent nanos, they are the full sized streams.

i bet they can be modded though./

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13908811#post13908811 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dave's Reef
Thanks GSMguy! I'm gonna give it a try...

I've got 2x 6055's and 1x 6025 that I'll mod and looking for another 6025.

no problem, another mod i did that i think really adds to the flow is clipping out every third bar on the shroud, also the pumps take longer to get clogged with gunk.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13908964#post13908964 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy
no problem, another mod i did that i think really adds to the flow is clipping out every third bar on the shroud, also the pumps take longer to get clogged with gunk.

Like this? Just don't be a bonehead like me and cut out the impeller stopper at the end.

56970tunze45mod1.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13908964#post13908964 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GSMguy

I had that done on mine and it rock! These little guys put out a ton of flow.

I read this read and actually bought the 6025's because of it. I didnt even put them in my tank. I grabbed a pir of cutters and cut out the majority of the plastic and then used a dremel to clean it up. Works great. if I ever shut them off they sometimes start backwards. I might do the little weed eater string mod to prevent this. But I never shut them off. So I guess its not a big issue to me.

Just wanted to bump this thread with a thanks to everyone providing all the great info. I was all set to buy another koralia 4 for my 90, and decided to first come and look around on these nano's and found this thread.

I'm not 100% sure if I'll get a koralia 3/4 or this tunze but without seeing this thread the nano wouldn't be on my radar.

I sure would like a non-ginormous pump (can't afford one of the new MP10s, but maybe I'll win one), so a tunze with the widestream + flow mods is looking pretty nice. That being said, the koralia's reported 2000-3000gph super-mods at $25 less still make it hard to choose.

And to think I was just one complete order button from having the koralia on its way. Information paralysis I suppose.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12871250#post12871250 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by moo0o
looks like you were right. =)

Charles, I just saw your post...

Yeh, who would have thought!!! I wish I had bought futures on Tunze powerheads!!! but couldn't find a stock-broker selling them.. LOL

when you do the wide flow mod to a 6025, how do you get the fish screen to fit onto the pump? it seems to small, do you use the one from a 6045 or something?

Back