type of acrylic to repair

Ugly-one

I am trying to buy sheet of acrylic to repair / cover few holes on back side of my old acrylic salt water fish tank ,but I donââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢t know which type acrylic sheet was used ( ( did a search on the web nothing came up ). the tank is true view how can i find out is it a extruded or cast acrylic ..any help or information is greatly appriciated

all tanks are made out of cast acrylic. extruded absorbs water and is not as strong as cast. are you planning on cutting the existing sheet out? or just cover the current sheet with another sheet? are you going to put the sheet inside or outside?

there are 5 holes 1/2 inch in diameter ....the back side of tank is 36w X 26 h ..im thinking of glueing a full sheet of acrlyic on the back and glueing a 36w x 6 h from inside and fill the corners with silicon. .

I would think it could bedone cleaner with a circular or rectangular patch with some weldon 16... thick and gap filling.

J

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6526866#post6526866 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jmkarcz
I would think it could bedone cleaner with a circular or rectangular patch with some weldon 16... thick and gap filling.

J

when i got tank, the previous owner had small pieces of rectangular patches on the holes and it looked very ugly ..i removed all the old pieces and i want to have a clean look as possible.
im waiting to get a quote from usplastics sent them a e mail this evening to see how much they want for the plastic.

Back