uhmmm...can anyone identify this?

katieface

We found this just now in our 55 gal...anyone know what it is and what we should do about it??

7910969806_643a109e7c_b.jpg

It is extremely fast and was messing with my emerald crab. It looked like it might have lots of semi-transparent legs along the bottom of it, but I could be mistaken.

Posted from ReefCentral.com App for Android

Last edited:
...apparently the insert button on the app isn't to like onset a picture. I'll hop on my computer and upload

Posted from ReefCentral.com App for Android

that was my first thought, but i struggled to find a picture of a black one like it online

thanks for the quick replies :)

Very cool speciemen, get him out with a trap and give him to a new home as someone would be dying to have this beautiful creature.

Very Cool!!! I had a peacock mantis shrimp for a few years, they are very interesting and fun pets!

This one might be a rare kind. I know what I would do if I was in your situation...setup a separate tank just for this guy :spin1:

Would have to agree on being a mantis shrimp, i'd have to put it in my refug to keep with my other unwanted guest from the dt. Pretty cool looking

It took me months to catch the little mantis bugger I had in my tank years ago...I'd hear this "tick tick" coming from the tank as he was cracking shells of my hermits and snails, not to mention the fish he ate!

Did the inverted coke bottle trap and finally caught him!

Back