Underwater epoxy????

Pennoyer

Premium Member
My local Home Depot does not carry Aquamend, but they do have another brand of waterproof epoxy that comes in stick form just like the TLF Aquastick. Do you think this brand will work or do I need to find the actual Aquamend brand? Has anyone else used something other than Aquamend?

I have used the under water epoxy and I myself do not like it, it works well but itcan be a pain in the @ss to remove anything if you need to. I would use the super glue gel, it works out well and isnt as bold as the epoxy.

I use a gel and Aquastick mix for holding frags and it does work well, but what I am looking for now is to use just the epoxy putty to hold LR together. Thanks to Katrina, I have to start over and my first shipment of LR arrives today. The extra hold is what I am looking for in order to aquascape.

Is the epoxy putty what you see people often use for sps? I was curious because that seems a bit easier to use than the gel. I find I have to use a sh_t load of gel to hold just one frag and it often will break loose if you dont do it just right. I woudl think the putty would be a bit easier to work with. What is it called and where can you get it?

Yeah that's it. I have historically used the TLF brand (Aquastick) but many others use Aquamend carried by HD. My HD doesn't so I am trying to see if the other brand will work. On a side note the best way to hold frags to LR is to dry the edges of the frag and LR where you want to stick them together. (if the LR is in the tank then just dry the frag edge) The use a little gel then a small waffer of putty then gel. so you end up with LR-gel-putty-gel-frag. Hold for about 30 seconds and you have a good enough bond to let the frag encrust over the LR.

Back