Urbanek's 250

Great photos!!! I am sure you will love that starry blenny, mine is the personality of my tank
:lol:

Corey

Corey,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. The Blenny is awesome. Hope you got your bubble king all dialed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did!! The thing is a beast. I have a 240 with about 30 fish and it keeps up with ease. Slowly working to get my tank to looking as nice as yours:)

Corey

July Recap - Reliving the Dog Days of Summer

As I've done a the end of each month, here is a quick recap of my favorite photos from the month, rolled up into a single image. For those following along on one of the other forums, I've been doing a Project 365 where I post a photo of the tank each day. As I reflect back on 7 months of reefing and photography, its difficult to believe I've made it this far. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm a good starter of things, not always a great finisher. This is a real test for me.

Thanks for looking, comments are always appreciated!

August 2nd, 2016 - Photo Update
Here is a quick photo recap of my Project 365 for the first 7 months of the year.

Thanks for looking

July

June

May

April

March

February

January

Love your star blenny!

Thanks so much. He is awesome. If you don't have one, I'd recommend it.

I did!! The thing is a beast. I have a 240 with about 30 fish and it keeps up with ease. Slowly working to get my tank to looking as nice as yours:)

Corey

What settings did you end up at? I've found a bit more wattage is needed than Scott recommended.

Super cool calendar idea, and it's your tank! I would buy one :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm planning something for the end of the year.

August 7th, 2016 - Photo Update

I just recently rescaped the tank to open up the middle of the aquarium. This is the 2nd time I've in 2 years that I've made some pretty major adjustments to the scape.

Bio Reef's Green Goblin - The greenest of green corals

Geo - The Geometric Pygmy Hawk. He looks menacing!

ORA Green Planet

The Problem

The Solution

Mummy Eye Chalice

Just read through this thread and all I can say is "wow". Nice tank! You may have answered this already, what kind of salt do you use? Also, what camera lens do you use for the full tank shots? I can never get my fts to come out with your detail. I am definitely impressed with the tank and your photography skills.

Amazing photo skills,showing an even more "skilled" reef tank!Really cool,welldone!

Glaukos - thanks and thanks.

Just read through this thread and all I can say is "wow". Nice tank! You may have answered this already, what kind of salt do you use? Also, what camera lens do you use for the full tank shots? I can never get my fts to come out with your detail. I am definitely impressed with the tank and your photography skills.

Finland - I use Reef Crystals. I've tried many brands without a noticeable difference so I went back to RC. My current tank has been up more than 2 years and it's always been on RC.

Most of the high detail shots are still taken with my macro lens. Any shots where you can see the entire tank/cabinet and room were taken with a 28-135mm standard lens. All of my photo equipment is canon.

Looking fantastic!
Everything from the fish to the coral look so healthy.

How long has this tank been up and running now?

How do you go about re-scaping when the tank is already so established?? I would be so afraid to destroy things- smashed corals and squished fish is all I would accomplish lol

You're tank is stunning! The planning and attention to detail incredible! Truly enjoy reading thru your threads and getting ideas. Your photography skills are great! Thanks for being an inspiration for others of us!

Looking fantastic!
Everything from the fish to the coral look so healthy.

How long has this tank been up and running now?

Dennis - Thanks for checking in on the journal. The tank has been up for 2 years and 2 months. About 8 months of that should really not be counted as I struggled with the start up of this tank. After troubleshooting everything for months, I finally figured out that the lack of flow on the peninsula end was the cause of my issues.

How do you go about re-scaping when the tank is already so established?? I would be so afraid to destroy things- smashed corals and squished fish is all I would accomplish lol

Squibege - Careful planning and visualizing where things are vs where they are going helps. With that said, there is always an "Ah Crap" moment associated with these moves. I try to keep a positive attitude when a coral breaks off. It's either a chance to try it else where or make some frags.

Simply stunning. That FF digi colony is massive! Hope to see this in person one day.

dalston - I'm always amazed at what people pick up in the photos or when the come over. I have a tank full of corals, and I've had people go goo goo over my shoal of Chromis. I'd love to have you over. Feel free to PM me and we can set something up.

You're tank is stunning! The planning and attention to detail incredible! Truly enjoy reading thru your threads and getting ideas. Your photography skills are great! Thanks for being an inspiration for others of us!

Thanks, thanks, thanks and you are welcome. Really appreciate you taking the time to view and comment.

Brad, your tank and photography remain amazing. I always look forward to your updates.

rockworm - thanks so much. It means a great deal to get the feedback.

Brad, I still enjoy seeing all the updates. Thanks for keeping it going. Everything still looks amazing and extremely healthy. Once I get around to starting my tank upgrade, I might ask for some pointers on stand building.

Brad, I still enjoy seeing all the updates. Thanks for keeping it going. Everything still looks amazing and extremely healthy. Once I get around to starting my tank upgrade, I might ask for some pointers on stand building.

Tony - I would love to help with your cabinet in anyway that I can. Thanks for the view and comments.

Dennis - Thanks for checking in on the journal. The tank has been up for 2 years and 2 months. About 8 months of that should really not be counted as I struggled with the start up of this tank. After troubleshooting everything for months, I finally figured out that the lack of flow on the peninsula end was the cause of my issues.

About how much flow were you getting and how much are you getting now? What were you using to get the flow before and what did you change to get more flow?

Thanks for all the beautiful pictures.

Back