URGENT - New aquarium acceptability - edges rounded in some areas.

Garbage. I would demand my money back or take legal action. They didn't deliver what was promised which is false advertising

Don't accept the tanks. It is poor craftsmanship here. Like you said the 3 crystal glass panes are polished perfectly so you know they could have done that too all the panes on both tanks.

Print out these replies and show it to them if they try to say that is good work. We all agree its sub par.

Garbage! If you have to go on here, post and question it. You know its a crappy job. I would be going ballistic, if I saw a custom tank that I was so excited about for as long as you waited for it getting built, the anxiety, the build up, planning, time researching, buying gear and to lead to this crap. Man, blood pressure would go through the roof!

As someone who fabricates custom stuff for a living I understand sometimes things just get screwed up and its hard to eat the cost. Parts damaged in shipping/storage, bad employees, tooling breaks, simple human error. But I would never lie about something or make excuses, I've had things over the years that weren't 100% perfect when finished but I always tell the customer what happened and offer a major discount and if they aren't happy it's time to suck it up and start the project over. Obviously your not happy so I would ask for new tanks. What they do from there will tell you exactly what kind of business they are.
Boom. :hammer:

Ok lets here the updates on this episode of aquarium gone bad.

What did they say? Are they redoing it?

So the tank maker is Water Wonders in Dubai, UAE. Absolutely shoddy work. You havent seen the overflow box. Looked like a kid went on a drilling spree. I did not accept the tank and they argued like crazy with me saying that I should accept it - its just a small thing no one will notice and this is what we get in dubai - suppliers cant meet that high a quality control. I think thats absolute BS as my workplace has about 200 glass sheets cut to size the work tables for engineers and NONE have any chipping. :angryfire:

Left the tank with the guy and told him that I wont take it. They have shoddy holes on the bottom too. My best guess would have been that they drilled post tempering ?? or just drilled the glass shoddily in the first place.

I think Ill have to take legal action to get my deposit back.

Ordering a tank from a different supplier.

Sometimes you hit some absolutely terrible business people with a thick-headed business vision (short term vs long term loss)

To each his own.

I agree with everyone on here. And about the sump? It's just a sump? Really, I showed someone my sump yesterday and he said wow, nice sump LOL.< BAD excuse.
Good for you to drop it off and refuse it.

UPDATE -

Before I could place a new tank order, WW FIRED the crappy rude salesperson, is currently replacing my rear glass and overflow which previous looked like a kid made it and replacing the sump entirely with polished untempered glass. Of course with quite a bit of prodding from me

Ill be getting the tank in a week .. just waiting for the final results.

If anyone would like to help.. plz post your thoughts on my stand design as I really want to get it right.. dont want to be in a situation where the stand design has some flaws and I realize it AFTER I put the tank on with water and livestock:hmm2:

Back