used tank?

silent saab

hello all am looking for a used 40G breeder if anyone has one, or a tank close to that size please let me know...

Thanks,
Josh

I have a FTS where you can kinda see the tank, have you been to dons hobbies? Its one of the tanks they have on the FW side.

DSC01709.jpg

There are 100 corals in it thriving right now, I cleaned it really thoroughly with vinegar before I set it up.

You're going to spend like 24 gallons in gas and 4 hours of your time to save $50?

Go buy a new 55 and bring it to Firestone and I'll drill it for you for free:p

I work in Denver so it would not be that bad but it would be great to get a new tank without any scratches and go internal. Do you know where I can get a 55gal without a tempered bottom? What would you suggest I do to make the overflow baffle?

I think most tanks have a tempered bottom, but theres nothing to say that you can't drill the side uness being 3" off the wall isnt possible for you, then you can make your own baffle from Acrylic or have it made by blacks glass there in Ft c at college and mulberry.

If thats the case can I have you drill my current tank. It is down right now as I have been building a stand. All my rock is in a 10gal and 20gal will pumps and lights right now. What size saw do you have. I realy dont know what size would be best for an internal overflow. I also have not really seen all the plumbing for an internal overflow. Do most people run the return through a second hole? If it is not already obvious I am new to the hobbie.

Thanks

Hey it's all good, if my thread can help other people I'm down...

On that note I could jus buy a 55 but would rather get a 40 breeder and drill that or a 58...

Kfennel,
I will definally take you up on the offer once I get a tank... Trying to move into a house and stuff bit should be soon...

Thanks all for your help

If you want to discuss drilling and plumbing further call me 720-425-3019

Kevin

I have .5 .75 1 and 1.5" bits now.

Back