Versa + Mobius = Frustration!

dkuster

Don't get me wrong, the versa pump is really nice. It's the wretched mobius app that's got me pulling my hair out :headwally:

Why do these apps have to be so unintuitive and complicated???

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I have well water with high CO2, and I'm trying to extend the life of my DI resin.

I have two, 20 gallon brute containers set up. I run my RO unit to fill the first one with 15 gallons of water. There's a float switch that automatically shuts it off.

Next, I run an airstone in the first container for about a day to gas off the excess CO2.

Finally, and here's where the versa comes in, I slowly pump the RO water from the first container, through the DI resin canisters, and into the second container.

I want the versa pump to automatically shut off just before the first container is completely empty so I don't force any air through the resin.

Choosing a 75 ml/min flow rate and doing the math on 15 gallons, I want to be able to push a button and have either:

1) The pump turns on at 75 ml/min, runs for ~12.5 hours, then shuts off.

OR

2) The pump turns on at 75 ml/min, pumps a total of ~56,000 ml, then shuts off.

You'd think something simple like this should be possible, but apparently not with mobius.

First I tried setting up a "scene", which is a one-shot button to perform a task. First problem, the scene insists on turning off my radion lights. I only want to control the versa. Second, the scene setup takes a flow rate and duration, but it will not accept durations over 4 (or 6?) hours. It either flags the input as invalid or garbles it which is a bug in the app.

Ok I thought, let me try setting the pump dose to "constant". Then I'll set the rate to 75 ml/min and the "max daily dosage" to 56,000 ml. NOPE! The rate is fine but the app will not accept a max daily dosage over 10,000 ml.

I thought this pump was rated for continuous duty?? Why is the mobius app limiting how it can be programmed?

If anyone knows how to make this pump do what I want please school me. Maybe I'm just too dense to grasp the intricasies of the mobius app...

Don't get me wrong, it's a versatile pump that should be useful in many applications.

But the mobius app seems to have been written with one application in mind - dosing small amounts of trace elements.

If they would just improve the app that would fix the problem.

I checked the ecotech marine website and they don't seem to have forums. When I get a chance I'll look into it further. There should be a way to submit feedback and make suggestions...

This is a bummer as I was going to buy this pump for my new tank setup. Now you have me thinking it over.

While not perfect why not try...
The pump turns on at 75 ml/min, runs for 4 hours three times ( 10-1, 1:01 - 4, 4:01 - 7 )?

Or...

5x 10,000 constants and one 6,000?
[MENTION=140900]dkuster[/MENTION]

While not perfect why not try...
The pump turns on at 75 ml/min, runs for 4 hours three times ( 10-1, 1:01 - 4, 4:01 - 7 )?

Or...

5x 10,000 constants and one 6,000?

[MENTION=140900]dkuster[/MENTION]

That's a good idea, thanks. Let me see if I can set that up...

Have you updated to the latest version of the app and ensured that all of your pumps have the most current firmware?

I believe you should be able to create a scene with unlimited duration. Further, in order to create a scene that does not include your lights (or vortechs if you have them), you simply swipe up on "lighting" when you are editing scene, that should bring up each of your individual radions that you have on your tank. You then press on each radion to turn them off from being controlled. Once you turn all of them off, the scene will no longer control them.

My pressure pump handles pushing the water through the prefilter, carbon blocks, and RO membrane. This "semi processed" water goes to a storage tank.

Then I use the Versa to take that water and pump it through the final DI resin stages.

So, high pressure is not needed. The Versa works fine! :)

Wouldn't pressure pump work better for your RO/DI machine instead of a Versa. I thought you should be around 70 psi.

Have you updated to the latest version of the app and ensured that all of your pumps have the most current firmware?

I believe you should be able to create a scene with unlimited duration. Further, in order to create a scene that does not include your lights (or vortechs if you have them), you simply swipe up on "lighting" when you are editing scene, that should bring up each of your individual radions that you have on your tank. You then press on each radion to turn them off from being controlled. Once you turn all of them off, the scene will no longer control them.

Thanks, yes I think my app and firmware is the latest.

I've been playing around with creating a scene, and while the app isn't intuitive I think I might be close to achieving what I want to do. I'll report back with my results...

Back