Versa pump fittings leak.

Reef This

Premium Member
I ordered 2 to replace my broken DOS, is there some trick to getting these things not to leak from the fittings? Both of mine leak. I am using the tubing that is suggested by Marine Depot that is "versa tubing"..

I ordered the base station as well, and can confirm that 2 of the 4 on the base station leak also.

Out of the 6 I bought, 4 leak from the fittings.

I called EcoTech this morning, he gave me a couple tricks to try and get the seal.

1. Make sure the end of the tubing your using is cut straight.
2. Dip the end in RO water which can help it create the seal.

He said if that didn't work, he would gladly send out replacement fittings. I encourage you to call or send an email to them.

Thanks. I will call them.
I also have an issue where the tubing inside the unit is drawing in air. Have you noticed that?

We identified the problem that some people have with push-to-connect seals; it was a sneaky little issue but we found out why and implemented a corrective action. If your pump doesn't leak right away then it's fine and you have nothing to worry about. But for anyone who experiences this problem out of box, we will send you a replacement of this tube carrier part immediately, just call us. We're here to help and I'm sorry for any inconveniences we may have caused.

Also, the air leaking in the intake side is related to this seal problem, please call in and get your replacement.

We identified the problem that some people have with push-to-connect seals; it was a sneaky little issue but we found out why and implemented a corrective action. If your pump doesn't leak right away then it's fine and you have nothing to worry about. But for anyone who experiences this problem out of box, we will send you a replacement of this tube carrier part immediately, just call us. We're here to help and I'm sorry for any inconveniences we may have caused.

Also, the air leaking in the intake side is related to this seal problem, please call in and get your replacement.

Was this before or after yesterday when they sent my replacements?

Just be prepared to wait!
They did 5-day shipping on that tiny little part. Seems crazy to me when it's clearly an issue with their manufacturing that they couldn't ship it like 2-day...

Back