VHO good or not?

abelh7

I am setting up a 4 ft tank and i am trying to decide on lighting and am a little confused with what to go with. a friend tells me to go with vho but when reading on this site it said vho was old technology. i know metal halides are probably the way to go but a little to expensive for me right now. like i said i am setting up a 4 ft tank but will be moving to a 6ft after a while so i need my stuff to be able to transfer. i thought maybe an icecap 660 can powr 4 - 4ft bulbs right now 3 white 1 atinic and have a cheap power compact that will click on atinics an hour earlier. when i switch to a 6ft i can use the 660 to power 2 atinics and buy 3 metal halides. what does that sound like to you guys.

vho

vho

Hey,
I had an awesome tank under vho's with good growth in it. I did upgrade to MH and VHO which I like more but VHO's are good. If you decide to go with VHO you can use it as supplemental light for MH. Also look at T5 however the costs are similar upfront to MH.

Keep the VHO near the surface of the water as well and I think you will have better success too.

Bennett

Back