Wanted Tile Install recommendation

Westy82

i plan on redoing my floors and want a good tile installer reccomendation. anyone have any contacts? specifically the person must be good with laying travertine and granite

He did and awesome job on Jesse's bathroom and shower. Very nice herringbone pattern that blended in with the floor.

thanks for all your input. jesse ill be waiting to see the pictures you were going to post.

dream ill let you know as im going to be talking to a few different installers in the next week or two. im in no hurry so i want to weed out the ones i feel will be a waste of my time

this is our new master shower. i still need to put the toilet in, finsh painting and have the frame-less glass door installed. its 5'x 5' with marble chair rail inlay, marble curb, marble corner set, marble niche.

shot from the door way. my wife staring at the shinny chrome.
finshedshower1-11-09002.jpg

close up of the fixtures
finshedshower1-11-09001.jpg

shot of the floor with the one peice marble curb
finshedshower1-11-09003.jpg

one peice corner marble set
finshedshower1-11-09004.jpg

curb from inside the shower
finshedshower1-11-09010.jpg

I was over one day when the work was being done. It's a top notch job.

Do you really need glass doors? The shower is so big I would be surprised if the the water splatter would reach that far.:rollface:

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MINE IS NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have a guest room! Jeremy and I are planning this same thing, to take out the tub and extend it into a 2 person shower. VERY nice guys, have fun in that!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14206646#post14206646 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by frontosa_man80
this is our new master shower. i still need to put the toilet in, finsh painting and have the frame-less glass door installed. its 5'x 5' with marble chair rail inlay, marble curb, marble corner set, marble niche.

shot from the door way. my wife staring at the shinny chrome.
finshedshower1-11-09002.jpg

close up of the fixtures
finshedshower1-11-09001.jpg

shot of the floor with the one peice marble curb
finshedshower1-11-09003.jpg

one peice corner marble set
finshedshower1-11-09004.jpg

curb from inside the shower
finshedshower1-11-09010.jpg

Did you guys get a new house? Or does the new master bath take up half of your current house?

same house. our master bath had a lot of wasted space with one of those fiberglass shower units in it. Joe was originally contracted to do the flooring in the rest of the house, but when he got to this room he opened our eyes to what could be. he talked me into moving the toliet over 18" and bringing the shower out 14" more and doing a custom one of a kind shower. i gave him freedom to do what ever he thought we would like.

here is a before shot of me starting the move of the toilet drain.
you can see the ugly old shower in the back.
bathroomremodel00.jpg

very nice Jesse, as ArizonaReefer mentioned, you may not need a shower door, looks great being open like that

Back