was my 75 build nows its my 110 tall

thanks i will have some pictures too....i think a blue crab tank would be sweet....just take one out when it gets big and eat it lol.....at my local reef store they have a baby flounder that i keep an eye on when i go there....its in there with tangs ands and sps and lps and all sorts of stuff....thats not a cold water fish though i guess but locally caught for me. post a picture of your tank or send me a link fishboy.

You all know i love making 3rd grade looking diagrams....i will learn how to use google stretch for my next build...not anytime soon though. Here are a few things i came up with instead of getting to sleep for work i worked out my drain, closed loop, back of tank, and rock layout....all are not final and would love critiques and ideas. I would like the overflow box to blend in as much as possible so i wanted to see if i could put a box over top of 2 holes to feed the skimmer and refuge. Is it a bad idea to just have one on one side of the tank like that or will it ok....keep in mind the vortech will be pushing water towards that side of the tank.

The closed loop is MUCH more simple then i had it for my 75 i was working on. 4 holes drilled in the back...with a T split to another 2 T for equal flow and ball valves just in case i want to tweak it. I am mounting the dart at the tank level so i can maintance it easy...hopefully not that often.

Rock layout is just an idea...i do like it though and it would save me from having to buy more rock to fill the 110 size tank...and i like the open area....thinking sps up top lps mid way to the top....and then corals that do not need as much light on the love part of the rocks and in the sand. and a few clams here and there.

here are the pictures please do not laugh...i did though when i saw them.

110.jpg

sssee.jpg

xxxxx.jpg

rock.jpg

Nice open designs with the LR is key. Im working on that with my reef that has a lot of HA. I'll post pics later. Its pritty blan since there aren't any fish, just a few ghost shrimp, 2 baby eels that are impossible to find, and 60 snails that are nuts.

Sometimes for fun I throw in a full jumbo thawed shrimp and they swarm over that shrimp. If anything dies I never find anything, maybe a bone or two, thats IT.

Oh, and those magnet things have had some great reviews online and at the Lfs. You should def. mount some orange and purple caps. on those off the back so they grow out and glow under those lights baby!

caps are a great idea i was thinkings birds nest or something but orange and purple caps would look sweet growing on the glass--good call.

for my overflow does anyone thing i should some way make it go all the way to the bottom....almost like a corner over flow would appear... i was just thinking some things might not make it all the way up to the top?

i am also looking at buying an auto top off a after the tank is set up. last i was at my lfs today and they had a used 110 in and i got to see how tall it was and can't wait for mine to be here....early this week for all the gooood pictures.....please give me some overflow ideas...looking for best nutrient export via overflow to sump and something thats not an eye sort. I was i could cut slits into glass and silicone a overflow on the back of it. thats would be idea if it could be done lol.

If the plumbing (drain) doesn't go to the bottom of the tank, there really isn't a point to make the internal overflow box go to the bottom of the tank. Just make what hides the plumbing, usually.

i thought about making another coast to coast but i do not like how much space it takes up. i am still deciding on what size holes to drill, the vortech and the return pump and tank are all a day behind, i guess because of monday things did not ship or something. But i know i promised pictures this week so hang in there LOTs on the way!

Went by today and saw that my tank came in...was happy to see how nicely packaged it was. I will be going back friday and making marking the holes to be drilled and getting the overflow box...and going of my CL plan. I also got my Q1 4000 HH pump today!....oh last my votech will be here friday or next week. I forgot to take a picture of the tank, but you could not really see anything with all the bubble wrap. stay tunned for more!!!!

Back