Wastewater

alexkharden

I figured this was the best place for this. What does everyone do with the water from their water changes?

I'm considering routing a connection to main main grey water sewage line in the house (city sewer). Would that cause problems, either for my lines or for the city?

Is there a better option, can it be recycled at all?

Thanks!

So, kinda along a similar thought. I'll have a dehumidifier in the room. I could run a line from that and capture the water pulled from the air. Is that strictly waste water, or can I do anything with it?

So, kinda along a similar thought. I'll have a dehumidifier in the room. I could run a line from that and capture the water pulled from the air. Is that strictly waste water, or can I do anything with it?

your dehumidifier prob has aluminum condenser fins and they are prob really dirty.... the condensate water will prob be pretty nasty..

Same here. Always have. The water goes to treatment along with the rest of the sewage, so I always figured that was the best way to get rid of it as opposed to storm drains outside which a lot of times empty into local rivers and streams.

Is there any possible use for the used tank water ?? Not sure if watering plants /grass is a good idea...

Ever seen the movie "Idocracy"? I would think pouring saltwater on to plants would have the same effect as pouring the sports drink on the crops did in the movie. Kill the vegetation.

I've actually read about people using sw for plants that actually thrive on it (who knew there was such a thing?). Unfortunately for me, my yard doesn't even like grass, let alone some other form of plant life.

Salt water goes down the shower drain for me. I've heard waste water from RODI units is supposed to be pretty good for watering plants, but that also goes down the drain for me anyways.

I've actually read about people using sw for plants that actually thrive on it (who knew there was such a thing?). Unfortunately for me, my yard doesn't even like grass, let alone some other form of plant life.

maybe bog/brackish dwelling plants, because I can pretty much guarantee that if you start watering your average houseplants with old saltwater they will quickly die.

We have a 120' gravel drive. It works great keeping the weeds at bay and is certainly a better alternative to roundup and other herbicides. When it's snowing, down the drain it goes.

Down the drain it goes as well as waste water from my RO/DI. I recently upgraded it to 150gpd so at least I feel a little better that I'm not wasting as much as before.

RO waste goes into the pond.

Reef water goes into the fish only. It's 'dirty' for reef but clean compared to FO. FO goes to drain.

Back