watchman goby question

oneradtek202

Pitcher Hill Reef Society
So my ywg always stays or in its home that it made in the rocks in my tank. However the last day or two its been acting really strange. Swimming out in the open and hanging in random spots and such. I've had it for about 6 years. Worried ts a sign that schmitty is ready to croak. Any thoughts?

I had a breeding pair for about 12 years and when they were about to die of old age (I assume) they did that. Just laying in the front of the tank, not really eating for a few weeks until they died a few weeks apart.

This is one of them as a baby

I had mine change personality after a while as well. He was always very shy and would only be out when being fed unless I approached the tank very slowly. When I put my coral beauty in the tank he was not happy and hid for about three weeks, thought he was dead for sure. When he finally came out, he was super skinny and not shy at all; didn't care who came up to the tank and was aggressive at feeding time. I guess he decided it was preferable to starving to death!

Lost him last year; just never came out of his hole. :( Will definitely be getting another one with a shrimp for the new tank.

I would love a pair of gobies and shrimp. How do you sex the shrimp? Pistol size? ;)

Of topic, but it lives in rocks? Do you have sand in your new tank or BB?

For the record, I was out of the country and on the iPhone app which made digging for your build thread tougher than it probably was.

I'm back in town and pulled up your recent pics. I'm guessing your gobi lives in the sandy part of the tank? I ask, because I think its a cool fish, but I'm sand-less in my new setup and would love to hear tales of a happy gobi living without sand to dig in.

Back