wavebox

Blaster

I find that if i don't have the pulse all the way left,i don't get a wave.At best i get a half inch wave.My tank is only fourfeet long,ithought i would have to be dialing it back,not maxing it out.The pump is also maxed out.Should there be more play like a one inch wave?

Blaster, you should not have any problem getting 1" wave in your 4f tank if you have a clear path straight across the tank. If your tank is full of rock, it is also hard to dial in the wave. Here is my recommendation.

1. Turn the white dialing knob counter clockwise till stop.

2. Slowly turn the dial clockwise. Give 1 min in between adjustment to observe the wave and a chance for your wavebox to build up the wave frequency.

remember, small adjustment at the time. If you make big adjustment you will never get the right frequency as the controller is very sensitive.

One misconception about the 6091 controller is the dialing knob. People thought if you are at the small end which mean your pump running minimum and if it is at the big end which mean you are getting larger wave and the pump at max power. That is not true because the pump always run at max power unless you are dial it down from the driver.

The white knob determine faster or slow pulse. when you are at faster pulsing, the interval also shorter (Best for shorter tank)

slower pulse come with longer interval (ideal for longer tank).

Every tank is different due to the rock work and flow inside of your tank. It is very hard to tell you where exactly the dial suppose to be. I have been helping many friend with 4f long tank and the lowest wave i can get is 1" and the max is between 1.5- 2".

Another thing you can do to help with dialing in your wavebox is turn off all the flow in your tank except the return. You can turn them back on after you are finish with the wavebox... If you need any help, feel free to ask or contact me... i'll be more than happy to help...

Here is my 4x4 tank with dual wavebox....

Sorry about the noise. I took the video before my durso got fix...

thx for your response.Are you talking about that small white knob on that little square box?I will continue to play and appreciate your offer to help.

Yes they white knob on the controller determines only the speed of the pulse which is really what determines if the wave will be created as it works on resonance frequency or timing of the pump pulses to get the wave to move too and fro. Basically shorter pulses on shorter tanks like the 48" one you have and longer pulses on longer tanks as the water has father to travel in each direction. If once you the pulse/frequncy of the wave is set to your size tank you find the wave is too big you can dial back the driver which is either the silver box on the old models of the junction box on the newer ones which will dial back the power of the pump and thus lessen the wave. Or of course the opposite if it is turned down and you speed up the pump(not the pulse)

edit - reread Steve's post and I think I just reitterated alot of what he already said

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13491327#post13491327 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Blaster
thx for your response.Are you talking about that small white knob on that little square box?I will continue to play and appreciate your offer to help.

Not the small white knob on that little square box at the end of your pump. I mean the white knob on the controller.. Play with that one.. :D

Are you talking about the controller 6091 or the one on the pump? You don't need to turn back the one on the pump.... You shouldn't mess with it unless you have a very bad case of water splashing out of the tank :D.

Back