Waveline DC6000 Skimmer Pump Failing?

AquaFrenzy

Hey there, I have a Waveline DC6000 skimmer pump I've been running about 1 year, its been pretty good with the exception of it fluctuating speed at times. Yesterday I cleaned it and everything was fine including this morning when I left for work. When I got home I checked on it and noticed that it overflowed while I was at work so I cleaned out the cup and adjusted water height a tad. About 2 hours later the bubbles are very low in the skimmer body about 5" of height even when I max out the water height in the skimmer. I swapped out the controller and power supply and nothing changes. When I pull off the air line from silencer its not as gurgly as normal and if I pinch it off water only goes about 75% up the neck. I checked for restrictions, made sure everything was snug but am unable to get the impeller due to my tools being at work. What do you think it may be, possible loose impellor, motor getting tired?

I also have a brand new spare motor I will try tomorrow when I get back from work.

I experience a similar phenomenon on my skimmer with a DC6000 pump (ATI skimmer). It runs like no tomorrow after a rebuild, then slows and I need to increase the power to it, then I need to start restricting output water to maintain foam production, then I rebuild it again.

Unsure of cause. I am going to let ATI know.

Back