Website Changes

techdiver

I have completed several website changes. I took off the meeting page since since we have redundancy with the website calendar. Do you guys feel the calendar or a dedicated meeting and events page is better? I just don't want to have multiple locations to update, so one of them needs to go.

Some sponsors have been removed and new ones added. We have Sustainable Aquatics as a new sponsor thanks to Brent.

I added rotating sponsor banners on our main page, but we still have the dedicated sponsor page as well. Take a look and see if any changes need to be made. Any input is appreciated.

TechDiver

The changes are good and make sense. I like the idea of a dedicated and events page better myself.

I have noticed in the last two meetings that the attendance was pretty good.
We only had 5-10 people say they were going to attend the last meeting here on RC but yet almost 30 people attended if I have my numbers right.
Considering only a handful of people post here on a regular basis it may not be such a bad idea to up the meetings to monthly and see if that sparks off more participation in general. I don't think it could do any harm at this point.
The fall/winter months usually sees the fish hobby get a lot more attention also.
Thoughts?

I can ditch the calendar and do the dedicated event / meeting page. I think it sounds better as well. I can put maps in there if needed and also put any event brochures in there.

I did a little java script in the website to get the rotating banners. I generally do use much java, so I need you to do me a favor. Can you guys make sure it works well with your preferred browser and the displayed banner points to the correct site? I can slow down the rotation if needed.

Last edited:
I can ditch the calendar and do the dedicated event / meeting page. I think it sounds better as well. I can put maps in there if needed and also put any event brochures in there.

I did a little java script in the website to get the rotating banners. I generally do use much java, so I need you to do me a favor. Can you guys make sure it works well with your preferred browser and the displayed banner points to the correct site? I can slow down the rotation if needed.

Workin fine in Chrome. All clicks lead to the right places and the time showing seems fine also.

If anyone wants to setup some meetings, then I'll add the information to the website.

You know the club is always welcome at BSL but in all fairness I am sure Bruce would probably split them with me if it would work better than a restaurant. It does not seem like anyone wants to have home meetings.

You know the club is always welcome at BSL but in all fairness I am sure Bruce would probably split them with me if it would work better than a restaurant. It does not seem like anyone wants to have home meetings.

I haven't been able to get in touch with Bruce to arrange a meeting there. I've tried calling and also messaging him through his Facebook page. So far I haven't heard back from him. Maybe someone else will have better luck getting in touch with him. Maybe he has been abducted by aliens.

Back