Weird Sailfin Behavior

ShareReef

I have a sailfin tang that I have had for a couple months now. I noticed when I fed the fish this morning that it didn't come out. Well, I originally thought my Carpet Anemone ate it, because he has done that before. But, then I saw her through the rocks. She is in the cave that she normally stays in. She is just hovering in there close to the rocks. I put some algae on a shell and dropped it in the cave to see if she would eat. Didn't work, only drew the other fish into the cave. I am not sure if she ever ate or not, but it has been all day and she has not come out. She doesn't look unhealthy. What is this behavior? I did do some relandscaping over the past few days. Would this be why? Should I be worried? I just don't want her to die.
:(

I'm tagging along as I have a yellow that did the exact same thing a few months ago and she still lives at the back of the tank. I do see her going for food but it's weird because she always swam out front before that.

I have 3 damsels (that I hate), a tomato clown, a saddle back clown, and a lion fish. The sailfin has been in there about 2 months. It just started today that she didn't come out. I don't know if she is trying to stake her claim in the cave since we have been moving the rock work around or what is going on. She has always eaten good from what I see does not have any visible trauma/illnesses. None of the other fish pick on her or anything. She is the one always putting up the fins.

Thanks for any help!

That is a tough tank. All highly aggressive fish and a fish and anemone that wants to eat each of them for dinner. I would not come out either.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14800362#post14800362 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snorvich
That is a tough tank. All highly aggressive fish and a fish and anemone that wants to eat each of them for dinner. I would not come out either.

+1

Back