well i met my first etrc member in person last night.

skwirl

i went to his house to buy some LR he had layin around. he and his lovely wife seemed undaunted by my appearance (which was horrific). he showed me his reef, and i had to talk myself into leaving. i promised myself one day i will have a tank like that.
anyway i just wanted to thank awcurl "Art" for welcoming me into his home, and making me feel comfortable there. i love to meet ginuinely nice people. i hope all my etrc experiences are as good as this one, and hope i can be that cool if i end up helping out a newbie in the future.
ohh Art, the rock did just what i had in mind, and then some.
"30lbs" ha! thats the biggest, heaviest 30lbs i ever seen..... or lifted for that matter

thanx man. i really appreciate it

I'm glad you met Art and hope you will get to come to a meeting soon! The next one is at my house.

Thats great-
So what do you mean by "my appearance was horrific" - Compared to what? Just kidding but I thought that was an interesting comment, especially about one's self.

Well I'm glad someone besides me said that. I initially put that in my message but then edited it out because I didn't want to seem rude or obtrusive (having problems with that lately). hah hah.

Ya, I am a Chattanooga Reefer, and the only ETRC member's home that I have visited was Art's. He made me feel very welcome! :)

I think we can all agree (at least to his face) that Art is awesome!

hah hah.

thanx..
and its ok about how i looked, i was still dirty from work, (very dirty) my eyes were burning from my contacts and as red as they have ever been, i just looked a hot mess all the way around. hair everywhere. it was bad beleive me lol but yea art is super cool. i told him i was having to talk myself out of ploping down on the loveseat he has in from of his tank and putting my feet up on his stool.

i took my first step towards a big tank today. i think i got the skimmer thing covered for as big a tank as i can fit in this house.
i got an mrc mr2 today. i drove to nashville and got it from an mtrc member "doodoobrown" he was really nice too. does anyone have one of these?....
as a matter of fact i think i'll make a post asking if anybody has one

a bunch of us have the MR1 when good man Joe parted out his system...MRC makes a good product.
dave

Thanks for the compliments, it's always a pleasure to meet someone how shares the hobby. I'm glad the rock the rock fits your needs.:bum:

ha all the wife and i also went to arts house and met the wife and kids andd it was great and the next day he came to my house and would like to thank art for the compliment on my tank hope to trade with you all soon as my tank is doing great at this point.
thanks again art and we had a great time at dinner hope to do it soon again.

Back