Wellsophylia help

vonhubenz

I had this wellsophylia that got a snail stuck under it overnight and now has receded. The skeleton is showing and not sure what to do. Anyone have any suggestions what to do? Will it recover?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Is the flesh torn? Just retracted tissue shouldn’t be a long term issue based on the pics.

It doesn’t look receded to me, just retracted. If that’s the case, it’s fines

Well now there’s algae growing on the skeleton and it’s producing a ton of slime… is this fine and part of it healing?

I'm not really an LPS person (haven't kept any in decades). But the algae growing on it is likely irritating the coral causing it to slime.

@reefing102 any thoughts?

I’m not that good with iding these types of things. But my guess is that it should recover. However, my understanding is it may not regrow over the old skeleton so algae is likely to grow on the skeleton. I’m not 100% certain. It is said that iodine dips and dosing do help but I’m not certain on the correct dip ratio

Well now there’s algae growing on the skeleton and it’s producing a ton of slime
In my experience these things don't usually end well. Honestly all you can do is wait and see, he might be a trooper.
It’s also really puffy and it’s flesh is making a circle around itself… wich I’ve never seen
It might bail off it's skeleton which unfortunately spells doom via being sucked into a flow pump or other general tumbleweed-like demise. Again, wait and see.

I think it’s not gunna make it… just basically recessed into a ball of jelly… just am speechless that I didn’t catch it sooner.. the snail had to have been stuck there for a while

Back